Menu

Today I saw... (warning: kilt content)

A man coming off the subway wearing tall black lace up boots, some serious black leather jacket, black sunglasses, a reasonable amount of piercings, a mohawk that was long and braided down the back and a black KILT. Oh, and he was carrying a pink Hello Kitty lunchbox. :lol:

And I thought of you all and your kilt obsession... which is clearly not right sometimes. Just sayin'. :lol:

I wish I had a picture.

Someone out there is probably laughing at my fashion choices too, to balance the scales here. But he really was a character.

I do wish I had a picture. The kids were waiting to go down because they were finishing a cookie (no food in the subway + children who are sticklers for rules = a family who can't even get on the escalator while we finish chewing) so I'd been chatting with the paper guy so at least I got to have a chuckle about it with him.

The "Squire on the Wire" act at the Ren Festival here is a guy who wears a kilt and some of his jokes revolve around people inevitably looking up the kilt as he walks the wire. There are strange boxer shorts involved every year. That's authentically Renaissance, right? :lol:

A man coming off the subway wearing tall black lace up boots, some serious black leather jacket, black sunglasses, a reasonable amount of piercings, a mohawk that was long and braided down the back and a black KILT. Oh, and he was carrying a pink Hello Kitty lunchbox. :lol:

And I thought of you all and your kilt obsession... which is clearly not right sometimes. Just sayin'. :lol:

I wish I had a picture.

You totally should have kinneared him.

He lost me with the lunchbox. :D

The lunchbox was what really got me too. I mean, he stood out anyway, but the little kid cutesy lunch box with all that hardcore black goth kilt look? :lol:

I was reading your post and thinking of a punk Liam Neeson... and then I got to the Hello Kitty lunchbox and... well... :ack2: :ack2: :ack2: