Menu

Come see my son's string art project!

He did a great job! My 11yo really liked it. She said it inspired her to try also -- but an easier one first.

Here's an easier pattern that he did for a different grandpa. And it's free, so you can't beat that! and here is another one that is free he did for a grandpa last year (that Gpa in particular, is a fan of boats.) :001_smile:

Here's a link to all the free patterns from String Art Fun.

And one last pattern which was more challenging but truly turned out beautiful. We didn't include the smaller flower on the bottom right.

We get unfinished wood plaques from Hobby Lobby (gotta love their printable 40% off coupons online), he nails them with 5/8 nails (with heads), puts a claw picture hanger on the back, spray paints the wood and nails, and then strings them.

Blessings,

Angela

Edited by A.J. at J.A.

My son's string art has been featured on this string art blog. I love their website because it has the coolest string art patterns, and the finished product is great for a Christmas gift. (DS 10yr, is making them for gifts this year for grandparents, aunts, and uncles.)

Just thought I'd share my proud moment.

Blessings,

Angela

That's nice. I got a copy of The Beautiful String Art Book a few months back, but have been stuck on the fact that the fabric backgrounds seem odd to me.

I really like the wood plaque idea.

That's nice. I got a copy of The Beautiful String Art Book a few months back, but have been stuck on the fact that the fabric backgrounds seem odd to me.

I really like the wood plaque idea.

It is perfect for my 10yr DS...hammering, painting, stringing, super gluing the finished knots - what could be better? :)