Menu

Can you share your favorite Gluten-free Christmas Cookie Recipes??

I'll be watching this post too, I'm going to try gluten free for at least 6 months next year and see if it makes any difference for DS5. My friend made these while we were visiting her last week, VERY good!!! I left the website on the bottom in case you would like to check out the site, looked good.

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Bars Recipe

2 large free-range organic eggs

1/3 cup extra light olive oil or vegetable oil

1 cup light brown sugar, packed

1 cup organic
ir?t=recipfromaglu-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B000HDI5O8
(canned is fine)

2 teaspoons
ir?t=recipfromaglu-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B000GAWH4G

1 and 3/4 cups
or a dairy-free gluten-free flour mix with 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon
ir?t=recipfromaglu-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B0014UH7J2
or guar gum added

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice- or a blend of nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger

1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease a
ir?t=recipfromaglu-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B000OSCCKO
or line the pan with greased parchment.

Beat the eggs till blended; add the oil and beat to combine. Add the brown sugar and beat until smooth. Add the pumpkin, beat till smooth; add the vanilla, beat to combine. Add the baking mix and spices; and beat just until the batter is smooth. Add in the nuts and stir by hand to combine.

Dump the batter into the baking pan and spread the evenly. Bake in the center of a preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, until the bars are firm, and a wooden pick inserted into the center emerges clean.

Cool on a wire rack. Frost when cool.

What you want to look for is a strong counter flavor if you're using gluten-free flour, such as cranberries.

Cranberry Oat Bars (just substitute gluten-free flour)

Gingerbread Men (also substitute GF flour)

Or even better, try to look for recipes without flour:

No Flour Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

Mix together, form balls, press out with fork on cookie sheet

Bake for 9 minutes

Can add Hershey Kisses on top

Nutella No Bake Cookies

My recipe is similar to this.

Don't forget fudge! :)

Yesterday, our co-op had cookies and cocoa with Santa, and one recipe was Betty Crocker's gf choc. chip cookie mix made with coconut oil instead of butter, and it was delish.

I love to make molasses crinkles with buckwheat and oat flour.

Also, old fashioned brownie recipe with gf flour. Nothing fancy, just 1/2 cup flour, stick of butter, sugar (amt.?), cocoa, vanilla and egg. Xanthan gum if you have it. 325 for 35 mintues. Yum!

Try meringue kisses-peppermint extract added and crushed peppermints sprinkled on top.

Here is a nice collection of recipes at King Arthur's site. The recipes tell you how to make your own flour blend if you don't want to buy theirs.

In the store, for the rare times I need to bake GF these days, I like Namaste Spice (not chocolate, though) cake mix, King Arthur mixes, and Gluten Free Pantry's cookies are ok, but gritty.

I used to bake from Elizabeth Barbone's baking book when we did more with GF foods.

What you want to look for is a strong counter flavor if you're using gluten-free flour, such as cranberries.

Cranberry Oat Bars (just substitute gluten-free flour)

Gingerbread Men (also substitute GF flour)

Or even better, try to look for recipes without flour:

No Flour Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

Mix together, form balls, press out with fork on cookie sheet

Bake for 9 minutes

Can add Hershey Kisses on top

Nutella No Bake Cookies

My recipe is similar to this.

Don't forget fudge! :)

Yummy!!!

Cherry Macaroons

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup shortening

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon almond extract

2 1/2 cups all-purpose g/f flour (I use the blue box from Arrowhead Mills)

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, plus more for garnish

2 cups shredded coconut

1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, or almonds)

Preheat oven to 300. Cream butter & shortening; gradually add sugar, mixing well. Add eggs and almond extract, and beat well. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in cherries, coconut, and nuts.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Garnish each cookie with one quarter of a marachino cherry. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Makes 5-6 dozen.

Dark Chocolate Macadamia Bark:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dark-chocolate-macadamia-bark-sprinkled-with-sea-salt/

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Coconut Macadamia Bark

Holiday Spice Balls:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-holiday-desserts/

I have made them ALL. They are all EVIL. The Chocolate Chippers and the Dark Chocolate Bark are my faves. :drool:

It's a white powder. Look for it in an allergy section or a baking section or an organic foods section of a regular grocery, or just with flours in a health food store. It makes things bigger and sticks them together.

Thanks, I had no idea what it was either, my friend made them, figured I'd ask her when I needed it :D, was hoping I'd just find the mix though! I've just started looking into this whole gluten free thing, got a lot to learn yet!!!

For Christmas we always make chocolate covered cornflakes. I know it sounds weird but they are really good. I "think" both of the ingredients are gluten free.

Basically, melt a block of chocolate. (Not the almond bark as that's pretty artificial tasting but the real bulk chocolate that's out right now), stir in in cornflakes until coated, I usually keep adding flakes until they are mostly coated. You don't want the chocolate thick on the flakes or it will be tough to bite them. Make little piles on wax paper and chill until firm (we actually just store them in the freezer because it's easier). My dad likes salted nuts added to his, but I don't like nuts in my food so I eat them plain.

Black Bean Brownies. Don't let the name scare you. They're delicious, fudgy brownies and your friends will never know they have black beans in them.

ok, this recipe was so weird I had to try it. I do not understand how these ingredients turn into anything cake like, yet they do. My family ate the first one before our guests arrived so I had to make another. It was all eaten and no one guessed it what it was. So easy too.

• 2 weeks later...
ok, this recipe was so weird I had to try it. I do not understand how these ingredients turn into anything cake like, yet they do. My family ate the first one before our guests arrived so I had to make another. It was all eaten and no one guessed it what it was. So easy too.

I did the same thing. We're waiting for them to cool right now :D

Thanks!! Where does one get xantham gum....and what the heck is it???

Faithe

Oh, I saw the link...but ummmm...still....what is it?

xanthan gum and guar gum are what binds the ingredients together since there isn't any gluten. I get it in the health food section at Kroger, Meijers, Wal-Mart, Bi-Low, and Trader Joes.