Menu

Sick on Thanksgiving

We woke up this morning to our youngest puking.

Then I joined her.

We were supposed to go to a friend's house for dinner, but I canceled our participation in that.

It looks like we will be having Ramen noodles for dinner, if the stomachs are accepting of such things.

I thought it was bad that dh isn't home right now. I should have been more grateful for non-nauseated-ness. :001_huh:

But, when we feel better we have a pumpkin pie, rum cake and a pumpkin roll. :tongue_smilie:

Well, I gotta say that this still ranks higher than the first Thanksgiving in Panama which I hosted. I had numerous guests give me their demands, "I only eat dairy-free" (to which I should have said,"we will be happy to have YOU bring those things, then!") Instead, I wore myself out trying to figure out how to prepare things dairy-free. (This was pre-google) Someone else said that her dh would only come if he could watch the game. I said yes to it all because I didn't know better. I ended up with hives and having to inject myself with an epi pen.

Good times.

Today is better. :001_smile: At least I'm holed up in my favourite chair with a sweet pup who cuddles.

:grouphug:

I had a Christmas dinner ruined by the stomach flu (entire family). My poor widowed neighbor was invited but had to fend for herself when I canceled Christmas Eve. I felt so bad leaving her alone for Christmas, but there was no way I could get off the couch to cook anything.

The puking stopped so we went to Cracker Barrel. The food wasn't great, but I am thankful for not vomiting and my kids getting to eat without me cooking! :001_smile:

:lol::lol::lol:

We ate at Denny's tonight because DD was puking like crazy yesterday and I cancelled our plans. You haven't lived until Thanksgiving at Denny's... :lol:

I'm so glad you are all feeling better!!!