Menu

Today I am going to do something on my "things to do before I die" list.

All the websites I researched said it was virtually pain free, but that was impossible to believe. It was really quick! Afterwards, it felt like someone had kind of pinched me, but it was SO nothing!!!

Any discomfort is really just from being so stressed out and scared. But, I will admit, the fact that a woman did it who was talking to me like a baby really helped, LOL! Oh, and I took a larger than average dose of Rescue Remedy just as I was going in, but a Mike's would probably work, too!:D

~Lisa

That I picked the smallest, highest quality piece that they had. I would have preferred gold, but it wasn't available at either of the two places I went. The center is Swarovski (sorry about spelling, I should have looked that up first!) crystal, not diamond, like I would have preferred. I don't care for the fact that I can see titanium more than crystal.

I have to leave this piece in for 8 weeks, and then they will resize it (because inside nasal swelling will go down and it will get loose, they say. Not that I can fell any swelling, because I don't feel it at all.) But, I still plan on buying two gold pieces: one with diamond, the other with ruby.

I just threw that in there because so many people seem interested in the process.

~Lisa

All the websites I researched said it was virtually pain free, but that was impossible to believe. It was really quick! Afterwards, it felt like someone had kind of pinched me, but it was SO nothing!!!

Any discomfort is really just from being so stressed out and scared. But, I will admit, the fact that a woman did it who was talking to me like a baby really helped, LOL! Oh, and I took a larger than average does of Rescue Remedy just as I was going in, but a Mike's would probably work, too!:D

~Lisa

Lisa it looks wonderful! :thumbup1:

Where did you go to have this done? I know tattoo parlors that have someone who does piercings can do it, but is there somewhere else? I'm curious because I read somewhere about having ears pierced at a doctors office and I had never heard of that.

I had my nose pierced about 15 years ago, but had it done at a hair salon. They used a piercing gun like Claire's uses for ear piercing, but I read somewhere that you should not have it done that way. I have always wanted to have it repierced. Maybe I will do it for my birthday next month. :D

If you do a search in your area for one, it should be fairly easy to determine who has a good reputation.

My cousin went with me, and she said it was the cleanest tattoo parlor that she had ever been in. I thought it was very clean, but I have never been in one before. Everything they used on me was brand new, and she opened the packages in front of me.

The proper way to have it done now is with a needle, which went straight into a bio hazard box when she was done.

Best of luck!

~Lisa

LOVE IT!!! One of these days... one of these days.

Okay, so here is the question I really want to know about... can you blow your nose? Lately I've been having to blow my nose every time I eat. :confused: I just wonder what it's like to blow your nose with a ring in it?? Is yours the kind that curves around on the inside, or is it a post? That would probably make a difference too, eh?

It looks great! It is so ironic that you posted this because I just told dh yesterday that I was thinking about getting my nose pierced. It would also seem completely shocking and out of character for me (especially to my parents and siblings). Dh thinks it would be very attractive. I was thinking about having it done for my 30th birthday, which is next month. I really want a diamond, too. I don't know if I have worked up the courage yet. It really helps that you said it wasn't that painful. :001_smile:

There is a nose screw, yes, but the post gets twisted by the piercer to fit your personal nose. She measured mine. The whole process was very enlightening, and I had Not. A. Clue. beforehand.

I actually can blow my nose. I can even sneeze!

Several websites I read suggested cleaning the piercing with a saline or sea salt solution, so I have been using the neti pot, since I mentioned that I can't take out the ring for 8 weeks. Seemed like the natural thing to do around here.

~Lisa

but a very light one.

I do have a profile picture, but my hair is pretty similar to what it is here.

Y'all are so funny. I'm not one for living life without consideration in recklessness, but geez-o-peet, you only get one chance to live your life, and I wasn't willing any longer to just not do what I wanted. Why not? I wear diamonds and my good perfume every single day even through toilet cleaning and such are daily ritual here.

~Lisa

It worked on the testing board, anyway, with the exception of being ginormous! It shows what it needs to, but I don't think it's a very flattering photo. :001_unsure:

IMG_Lisa.jpg

Pretty photo! Regarding the diamond nose ring, it's both sexy and demure at the same time, and classy (IMHO). Congrats :)

Woohoo!

You go girl!

Congratulations.

What else is on your list?

I've always wanted a tattoo of a lady bug on my upper-upper-upper thigh. I haven't done it, though. Part of me thinks a "real" tattoo person will snicker at me, and I'll be embarrassed.

Of course, that's what always kept me from trying mary-jo-wanna (I was afraid of being laughed at if I coughed), so I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Anyway, I'm happy for you.

Did your friends see it yet? How about those you were worried about?

Of course, that's what always kept me from trying mary-jo-wanna (I was afraid of being laughed at if I coughed), so I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing.

You could have just waited until everyone else had several tokes and then tried it. By then they'd already be giggling at a bug on the wall or munching away on Cheetos, and no one would have noticed. :001_cool: :lol:

I've always wanted a tattoo of a lady bug on my upper-upper-upper thigh. I haven't done it, though. Part of me thinks a "real" tattoo person will snicker at me, and I'll be embarrassed.

No they wouldn't! Tattoos are very personal and the tattoo artists I've known are always very happy when someone comes in with a tat idea they've thought alot about. I have a dragon on my on right thigh, about 4 or 5 inches under my hip. I chose to put it there because I wanted to be able to see it! My dragon has a heart on the end of her tail and my tattoo artist thought it was a cool idea. I knew exactly what she looked like and he drew her from my vision. It was a really cool experience. :)

Not these people. I saw it happen too many times. They were ruthless! One guy, named Chris, took it as his personal life mission to get me to take a hit. He became such a pain that I made it my personal challenge not to give in. I'm glad I never did. I come from a long line of people with dependency problems, and I inherited some compulsive tendencies (like staying online until all hours of the night/morning).

Anyway, I did enjoy the Cheetos. And the peanut M&Ms! :Angel_anim:

Thanks for the pep talk. With all this inspiration, I might just go do it. There is a tattoo place right across from a restaurant we frequent. I think of it every time I drive out of the parking lot of the restaurant. :driving: The word Tattoo calls to me from across the street, beckoning me. :blink:

My list is short. There are only a few things that I really, really want to do in my lifetime.

I want to go to Cambodia and visit Ankor Wat, and I want to travel around India. I'd also really like to get thin, but not as much as I wanted to get my nose pierced. :D

~Lisa

One of the big reasons I haven't gotten a tattoo was that I was just waiting for the "vision." If that happens, I would be less likely to take so long in acting upon that than the nose ring, because it would almost certainly be hidden.

I'm glad to have heard your story!!!

~Lisa

:coolgleamA:

By the way, how long have you had it out? I've read so many things about them closing up so quickly, even if they have been long established.

Thanks!

~Lisa

Me? I haven't worn it regularly in about nine years. I try to reinsert it once a year or so, just to see. I hadn't had the gumption to seek out a nice crystal or diamond, but now I'm going to, you trend-setter, you! ;) :001_cool: