Menu

Let Me Know If I'm Being Unreasonable Here

Well, that's a serious imposition. I don't know what the person was thinking.

45-60 minutes away is often 55-80 minutes of driving unless it's all freeway. That would be a round trip of 110-160 minutes plus the cost of gas! Gas is no cheap thing these days.

There is NO WAY I would agree to do it.

Faith

I don't see the big deal, I'd do it. we drive a ton -- 45 minutes one ay is normal to go to a doctor or a decent size box store.

Once a month is no biggies, and you can always FIND something interesting to do -- my boys love to 'try out' new parks or playgrounds. It doesn't have to be fancy or cost Money.

and given it is not on a certain day, you can choose a day of good weather, a local event or what have you -- heck there are some days I'd love to put the boys int eh car and just drive!!!

my sister is living in China, her house is 3 states from me, but if I was even 2 or 3 or 4 hours one way to check in on it.

Once a month is not a big deal, it is not like each Tuesday at 10 or something. I really don't see the big deal....

I have to assume you are not close with this person / relation and simply don't feel like being bothered?

I really do not think it was that much a 'out there request'

Ha. Okay, I feel better. I was afraid that I might just have some kind of blind spot because the relative seemed so shocked by my answer.

Well, it doesn't make sense to me. Unless they don't really trust the neighbor, which would be a different situation entirely.

I wouldn't do it because of the time & distance, but maybe others might not because of the cost of gas.