Menu

LOL! Kids are just so darn cute!

So, last night little dd and I are going down to the bathroom to brush teeth before bed. As we pass through our "laundry room" (it's really just in the hallway of our mobile home), I see that one of the mouse traps have snapped. Sure enough, there's a dead mouse in it.

Dd runs down to the living room to tell dad that there's a mouse. He tells me to tell ds to get it. Ds and I head back down the hall to get the mouse. All of this probably takes less than 2 minutes, in which time little dd must have been busy. When we get down to the mouse trap there is little dd on her knees......she's got her latex-free gloves on, goggles over her eyes, a clip board on the floor, and a magnifying glass in hand. She is examining the mouse (looking....not touching) with the magnifying glass. We stand there and wait just a few seconds so she can complete her investigation (did I mention that little dd is a scientist.....oh, and a spy. But....shhhh.....that part is a secret! :001_smile: ). She says she is done and ds proceeds to dispose of the mouse and trap. Little dd goes back to the living room now, goggles off.....gloves off.....now she is writing her findings on the paper on the clip board.

If you'd like to know the latest scientific information about a mouse....here it is (by the way......dd needs major help with spelling. See if you can figure out what she wrote....translation at the end):

maws with a Tal

2 orms 2 LeGs

wit and Gray

DeD iN THe maws cHraP

NormL siz

Gist Lik ene uvr maws.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Oh my gosh......I am seriously still laughing like crazy!! Ohhhh my!

OK....here's the translation:

Mouse with a tail

2 arms 2 legs

White and gray

Dead in the mouse trap

Normal size

Just like any other mouse.

:smilielol5:

Edited by ~AprilMay~

I have a 7 yr old too. I didn't need the translation:D

That is so cute. Never would have happened around here. My 7 yr old came in to tell me she was scared to be outside last night anymore because there was a grasshopper on the side of the house :tongue_smilie: A mouse may have put her over the edge!