Menu

Facebook

An acquaintance of mine reposted this as her status:

15 year old girl holds hands with her 1 year old son. People call her a "slut", no one knows she was raped at age 14. People call another guy "fat", no one knows he has a serious disease causing him to be ... ... ... overweight. People call an old man "ugly", no one knows he experienced a serious injury to his face while fighting for our country in the war. Re- post this if you are against bullying and stereotyping. I bet 88 of you won't,the other 22 arent heartless and will. Hi, my name is Amy Bruce. I am 7 years old, and I have severe lung cancer . I also have a large tumor in my brain, from repeated beatings. Doctors say I will die soon if this isn't fixed, and my family can't pay the bills. The Make A Wish Foundation, has agreed to donate 7 cents for every time this message is sent on. For those of you who send this along, I thank you so much, but for those who don't send it, what goes around comes around. Have a Heart. Put this as your status.

Is it just me, or does this have a creepy, vaguely threatening, yet completely fake tone to it? :tongue_smilie:

An acquaintance of mine reposted this as her status:

15 year old girl holds hands with her 1 year old son. People call her a "slut", no one knows she was raped at age 14. People call another guy "fat", no one knows he has a serious disease causing him to be ... ... ... overweight. People call an old man "ugly", no one knows he experienced a serious injury to his face while fighting for our country in the war. Re- post this if you are against bullying and stereotyping. I bet 88 of you won't,the other 22 arent heartless and will.

One of my nephews posted this portion of the message on his FB this morning. I figured it's just like a spam email... only spam on FB. I never repost these. And why 88 and 22... is the number 110 a magical number??

Jodie

Actually, this is a reworded version of one that was going around last month. That on ended with something like, repost if you are against judging others, or something along those lines.

I have seen this as well but somewhere a long the line it was enhanced. Or maybe my friends that posted it left off the nonsense at the end. I refuse to repost anything that threatens me or bullies me at the end. Just leave the sentiment to stand on its own for pity sake (which in this case was a touching one).

Edited by jcooperetc

You always have the option to repost or not. Whether it's true or a hoax, and in this case it's a hoax, I choose not to repost pretty much anything.

It reminds me of the emails that were so prevelent some time back where you had to send it to ten people and back to the person that sent it so something good would happen or to let people know they were loved.

This is the one I saw.

The girl you just called fat? She's overdosing on diet pills . The girl you just called ugly? She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her . The boy you just tripped? He is abused enough at home . See that man with the ugly scars? He fought for his country . That guy you just made fun of for crying? His mother is dying . Put this as your status if you're against bullying . I bet 95% of you wont re-post, but my true friends will... pass it on

Of course nothing will be donated anywhere by copy-and-pasting a status. Ridiculous. It's just the Facebook version of emails that have been going around for years.