Menu

Ds has a cool opportunity to intern with Stephen Spielberg's Lincoln production

He got called for an interview! They are filming near his college in Richmond. It would be so inspiring and cool for him to do that. We have no idea what he'd do, but I know he'd be willing to do whatever scut work they had, just for the chance to be there. It's unpaid, of course.

Prayers and good thoughts would be nice! :D

He interviews tomorrow at 3; don't know when they'd let him know.

ETA: HE GOT IT!!!! Don't know what he'll be doing yet, and he's very nervous about driving there (has a bit of driving anxiety and avoids it if he can), but he's excited and so happy he pursued the opportunity. The production "guy" told him this was a bit different than the way things usually work--Mr. Spielberg, apparently, really wants to involve the community in this movie. Isn't that wonderful? Proud mama here.

Edited by Chris in VA
update

Chris--

I am so happy for your oldest, and so proud that he has been faithfully pursuing his film dream. I remember when he was making school choices so he could study film. My middle dd had a wonderful unpaid internship this past summer, and it has opened many doors, and it has boosted her confidence and professionalism a thousandfold. It's totally worth it to work for free when the opportunity is a good one!

Beth