Menu

Creepy or just me being paranoid?

The ice cream truck just came by. At 8pm. On a school night. It's dark. This is only the second time this ice cream truck has come around. The first time was a couple days ago. At about the same time, I think it was about 7:30 last time. I remember noticing because it seemed odd. I have lived here 6 years and this is the first time an ice cream truck has come by.

Creepy or just me?

Kind of creepy.

I have paranoia issues with ice cream trucks and pedophiles, and they are always in our neighborhood - usually at dinner time which is another issue - so I do not let my kids go to the truck without an adult whom I know with them. We very rarely get anything from the trucks because of my fears of the drivers.

Maybe, the time of day does seem odd.Someone tries to run an ice cream truck around here every few years, but there must not be any money in it because I've never seen one two years in a row.

I saw a show on this a few years back. I was SHOCKED to learn that ice cream trucks earn like 30k+ during the summer months!

Hot dog carts at Home Depot make around 250k, sometimes 350k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dh should be driving a big weenie selling dogs. What's he doing in high tech?:lol::lol::lol:

Really? Now the ice cream truck is creepy? Why would it run earlier in the day now that school is back in session?

Kids get home at 3:30. It isn't necessarily the time, but the fact that it is dark. We live really rural. No street lights, no sidewalk. Shoot our road isn't paved.

So creepy? Yes, you also haven't seen who drives the things either!

Not creepy at all to me.

They are trying to make what money they can before summer's long gone. They probably hit different blocks/neighborhoods at different times. They can't be EVERYWHERE at 6:30 on the dot.

Ours comes only sporadically and at odd times. Sometimes afternoon, sometimes night. Sometimes right smack before dinner time and I'd find myself wishing she'd come a bit later so it could be dessert time and not dinner time!