Menu

Are you doing school today?

I we didn't have anything else planned, we'd be doing school.

However, our church has an annual Labor Day Chili Cook-off that we usually attend. So, I'm busy in the kitchen working on our entry. I also take our own cornbread, since the stuff they provide isn't vegan. And I usually bring a dessert, too, something kid-friendly, since not all of the kids love chili.

And the kids have a friend coming over in a little bit. She's spending the afternoon with us so she and my daughter can do some planning for the Harry Potter Alliance group they're trying to get started. She'll come to the event with us later and go home with her parents from there.

Because we've got stuff going on, we're taking the day off from school. Normally, though, we do go ahead and work on these kinds of "bank holidays," just because we might as well.

Yes, to my girls' dismay. ("But Moo-om, it's LABOR day!" )

I got the "But Moo-oom! It's Sunday!" :001_huh:

Yes, we have school today. We took off last Thursday for our not-back-to-school beach day so we're not only having regularly scheduled lessons, but catching up... And on a Sunday no less! What a scandal! :tongue_smilie:

My ten year old did some math and Latin this morning. She hadn't finished last week's work and I'm getting her caught up. She got the afternoon off. My eight year old is supposed to be writing out Greek letters right now but she escaped while I was distracted with her sister and I didn't have the heart to call her back inside. It's the most gorgeous day ever outside. She should enjoy it. :)

We had planned on it but dh is home so we are just trying to get in the core subjects. He has done reading thus far today and hopefully Math and Writing after lunch. It has been 70 outside after it being 100 for so long we are enjoying the weather and with dh being home we are working on some long neglected outside projects. We should have plenty of time this week to do make-up work though as we don't have anything planned outside of the house until Friday co-op.

I planned on it, but my little guy was very sick yesterday and last night, so I called school off today. We have been back in session since July 18th and have not missed a day. We move in 2 weeks and I really need an extra day get stuff done packing wise, so it works out ok.