Menu

Baby Drop?

Ok, I know this is going to sound weird.

NONE of my 4 previous babies dropped...I'm talking, I was *pushing* with them 'sky high', heads not engaged.

Diva commented to me that it looked like baby was a lot lower than earlier this am. I'm feeling...different.

Obviously, I'll be asking the OB about this. But, of those that have had their babies drop, did it actually 'mean' anything?

"mean" as in you're worried baby might be coming soon? Or "mean" as in something else?

Baby girl dropped. She was the only one I ever noticed. I only noticed because her bum wasn't sticking up under my ribs anymore, but I had to pee all the freaking time.

She dropped at 35 weeks.

"mean" as in you're worried baby might be coming soon? Or "mean" as in something else?

Baby girl dropped. She was the only one I ever noticed. I only noticed because her bum wasn't sticking up under my ribs anymore, but I had to pee all the freaking time.

She dropped at 35 weeks.

I'm only 29 wks, so worried it might be a sign that baby is coming sooner than he should.

The baby 'dropping' is not in itself an indicator of anything, other than the fact that the head is engaged in the pelvis. Some babies 'drop' earlier than others. I never had one 'drop' until I was in labor. Some do so weeks ahead of time. I wouldn't worry about it (and, really, I doubt your baby has truly 'dropped' this early in the game...it's like just changing positions).

I'm only 29 wks, so worried it might be a sign that baby is coming sooner than he should.

We'll pray that it doesn't mean baby is coming soon. Only your OB will be able to tell if baby truly is engaged and what it means. :grouphug: Try not to worry (I know, easier said than done)

With DD#1, she dropped at 30 weeks. I woke up one morning and seriously felt like she was just going to fall through my legs. :001_huh: I walked around like that for 10 long weeks.

DD#2 never dropped until they started me on pitocin.

This baby has not dropped and I'll be 32 weeks (or 34, depending on what due date you go by) tomorrow.

I've always heard that it's more common for first babies to drop and not subsequent ones.

When DD#1 dropped early, my OB said it was no indication that she would come early. However, she said it was a good indication that she would fit through the birth canal.

Well, Rebecca was a very, very LOW baby. She never kicked me in the ribs and I always had to pee constantly. Sorry, TMI! So she didn't drop because she was always low.

Sylvia, it was harder to tell because I was on hospital bedrest from 32 weeks until I delivered her at 36 weeks. But they did a lot of extra ultrasounds to check on her, and she was actually transverse as late as 35+ weeks. They were making plans for a classical incision if she stayed that way, it was so late.

All that to say... it probably doesn't mean anything. :)

• 11 months later...
Baby gifts are a great gift to sell online because many people search for baby gifts and they are happy to have them shipped for them. Look for places that offer personalization and if they do it in only a few days you know they do it themselves and are not farming it out somewhere else.

flagged