Menu

I Know Its Dumb...

But this is actually bugging me.

I've had several msgs from MIL's sibs/sib in laws about my hair.

She's told them all that I cut my hair short and permed it. And supplied pics.

She never asked me about it.

She asked Wolf after we were back from the wknd, and he explained (again) that my hair had fallen out, cutting it short *had* to happen...and told her, no, its not a perm, its my hair cut short.

I'm getting really upset with being commented about and even tsk'd for perming my hair while pregnant.

Its NOT a perm. Gah.

I know I should just laugh it off.

But, reality of it is, I'm still upset that I've had to cut it off due to the vast majority of it falling out, so I'm way more sensitive about it than I should be.

No. It's insane. I don't know how you manage. I would never stay. I'd even move to the states (!! lol) to escape that crud, and in a freaking heartbeat. You're surrounded by crazy.

No. It's insane. I don't know how you manage. I would never stay. I'd even move to the states (!! lol) to escape that crud, and in a freaking heartbeat. You're surrounded by crazy.

We're already spread out in different provinces. MIL is in BC, I'm in AB, her sibs are almost all in SK.

I can't imagine what it would be like in the same city. :001_huh:

And yeah, it is dumb to have comments about my hair actually be hurtful...the whole 'consider the source' thing.

:grouphug:

I have to say that this is one reason I cover my hair 75% of the time that I'm out of the house. Aside from my own religious practice of covering for services, it hides my hair and scalp issues that I fight. It's an embarrassing issue I've had since childhood and I don't like sharing it with everyone. I'm starting to feel the same about the sores on my skin that won't heal, or that start to heal and then get scaley. Long sleeved, cotton shirts are a blessing.

I feel for you. That was a MEAN thing she did. But what do we expect out of the NPD people in our lives :( They love to point out and exaggerate any flaw we have. :grouphug:

Highly unlikely, I know, but maybe they really LIKE your short hair and are thinking how wonderful you look with it! Short hair is very much in the news these days ;) If it would make you feel any better just send all involved an email saying how flattered you are that they all want to see your new look! Seriously.

Highly unlikely, I know, but maybe they really LIKE your short hair and are thinking how wonderful you look with it! Short hair is very much in the news these days ;) If it would make you feel any better just send all involved an email saying how flattered you are that they all want to see your new look! Seriously.

Not according to the emails, etc that I've gotten. All of it was 'WHY would you do that, you had beautiful hair...' and also being very critical of a decision to perm when pregnant.

As I said, I know its ridiculous to be hurt by it. Has so much more to do with my feelings of unhappiness about my hair falling out than really anything else, this is just a bit of salt in the wound.

Not according to the emails, etc that I've gotten. All of it was 'WHY would you do that, you had beautiful hair...' and also being very critical of a decision to perm when pregnant.

As I said, I know its ridiculous to be hurt by it. Has so much more to do with my feelings of unhappiness about my hair falling out than really anything else, this is just a bit of salt in the wound.

Don't dwell on it. Rise above and all, you know? I know it's a sore spot for you because you never wanted to cut your hair. Just ignore it and do consider the source, as irritating as that is to you. You did what you had to do.

I used to have the most beautiful hair. Hairstylists said my hair was SO easy to train. They could style it anyway they wanted and my hair would just look beautiful. Long, thick, gorgeous hair. I don't know if I'm losing hair or if it's thinning, but I do know that it's limp and stringy since I had dd11. I also started to HAVE to wear deodorant. Before her I could work in the garden all day long, rarely sweat, never smell. I just changed. It bothers me but there's nothing I can do.

It's ALL HER FAULT. :angry:What a brat. :tongue_smilie::lol:

E-mail them back with one group email. Be straight, be honest. You had beautiful hair that you loved. You have health issues that caused (whatever was happening with your hair). Because of that and your other health issues, unable to care for long hair (due to RSV) or whatever else, you had no choice but to cut your hair, to your own dismay. Your hair naturally curled up. You did not, nor would you, perm while pregnant. Thank them for their concern. End with a "sincerely, Imp.

Your MIL will look like the heartless cad she is.

I've already filled in the 2nd biggest mouth in the family (after MIL) as to the reality of the situation. That's probably the best way of getting the truth out.

I still don't get why the insistance that it was a perm, etc. I mean, I said no, why tell me that my hair wasn't curly like that before, why would it be now? (Uh, how about the weight of the length pulled a lot of curl out? Duh) Its like being accused of lying on top of everything else.

I'm just going to ignore any more emails, and get on with what I need to be doing, which doesn't include answering ignorant accusations.

Whoever said these ppl must be bored has got it right. I mean, really...nothing better to do than to bug me about my hair? Not like any of them has even commented in a positive way about the coming baby, or asked how the older kids are, or what Wolf's up to.

Bah.

It is NOT ridiculous to be hurt when someone who KNOWS the situation starts a scandalous email about your "styling choices". No, sorry. You are hurt by her absolute callousness in promoting lies about something you (very normally) feel sensitive about, forcing you to endure not only snide commentary but defend yourself by talking about the sensitive truth over and over. Not ridiculous.

Your mother-in-law is a psycho b****. Period. What a ghastly woman.