Menu

How do you deal with humidity?

I stay inside in the A/C if I can, but my job takes me outdoors for 4 hours everyday. I bless those families (whose dogs I walk) who crank the air at 70 degrees!

If you don't have air, you can set a bowl of ice in front of a fan and park yourself there.

Having lived 9 years in S. FL, I understand how yucky humidity is. :grouphug:

Oh, how I wish this was an option. The humidity here is MS is killing this desert rat. When my mother told me the other day it was 108 at her house, I was envious! Give me 108 in the desert any day before 90 in the south.

I agree!

I want to take a shower to wash the slime off my skin. But really? Would it help? I showered earlier and I was sweating before I got out of the bathroom.

That IS a problem. So, no, it won't actually help, but consider it a few moments' reprieve in which you can't tell the bath/shower water from the sweat. ;)

Try not to think homicidal thoughts. They say humidity can do that. :D

Oh, how I wish this was an option. The humidity here is MS is killing this desert rat. When my mother told me the other day it was 108 at her house, I was envious! Give me 108 in the desert any day before 90 in the south.

I agree it's horrible here in MS.

My parents RV around the country but make southwest FL their home. They don't come here in the summer. They say it is worse than FL.

We stay in the AC as much as possible.

I whine alot.

Two showers a day.

I sew in the basement whenever I can.

I live in the north, humidity has been a real issue this summer.

Yes, our a/c works, but after the $400.00 bill last month, I decided we could survive without the a/c for awile. Yesterday we finally had a wonderful day with low humidity and cool temps. Here's to a few more!.

I keep my hair in a ponytail/bun. Sometimes it's still wet when I go to bed. :glare:

Make friends with someone who has a pool.

Stay in the a/c. I just don't go outside. We gave up on park days until fall weather sets in. DH wishes I would help him with the yardwork--no thank you. When it's 90 degrees, with a heat index of 112, I will not be out there pulling weeds.

If you don't have a/c...I don't know what to tell you. One summer we had a bunch of hurricanes and people were out of power for weeks. Places like the mall (where they had power) were pretty busy.