Menu

Brain Pop Jr.

BatmansWife

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...I sure wish it was free. For a few months we were seriously considering going with Calvert....which includes Brain Pop. My dd was so excited about that. Then we decided against Calvert and are doing something else....which means no BP; which dd is sad about. But.....still don't know that I want to spend that much.

I have not yet done this, but I plan to do it the week school starts...I started using Google Chrome for my browser, and they have some *aps* for various things. One of them was for Brainpop! So I loaded it on my computer, and now the girls can view one free show every day. For $1.99 a month you can pick the show each day that you want, and also have 3 more shows that coordinate with the one you picked. We are going to do the 3rd option, that is $6.99 a month for unlimited viewing!! WOO HOO. We love Brainpop, and are so glad to have it again.

We splurge on it every year, although it isn't easy to spend that much money (we also get the regular BP version).

If you have an iPad, they have a free BrainPop app, it shows limited videos. Probably the same free thing that Blueridge mentioned.

Guest submarines

My daughter LOVES brain pop, but so far we have only done the free trials, every 5-6 months or so. I want to get it for her this fall.

It seems that both family and homeschool for 1 user are the same price, $99. (For regular brain pop, not the junior version). Also, for a 7 yo, I might consider regular brainpop as well. Brainpop jr. is so watered down.

With the google chrome it would end up beign $86 per year, so not a huge difference.

I know that several years ago, there was a discount arround Christmas, but I don't think it is a regular feature. I contacted them some time ago, and they said to subsribe to their newsletter, and they might have a discount at some point. They haven't yet.

There's a points discount HSBC, but it is not worthwhile for me, as I could figure out how to apply the points.

About the G3, it reads "G3 discussion forums provide a safe, moderated environment for gifted students to socialize. Enrolled students will also receive access to BrainPOP.com, BrainPOP Jr., BrainPOP Espanol, and Discovery Education Virtual Streaming.

$59.00 per academic year".

So does this mean that I can get all of this for $59, or there's another fee? Thanks! But again, $59 per academic year, and $99 for the calendar year, looks like the same price. Is it?

ETA: Oh, never mind, G3 offers more choices for $59. Seems like a great deal, then.

Anyone knows if discovery streaming via G3 will work in Canada? Normally it doesn't.

Edited by sunflowers

My daughter LOVES brain pop, but so far we have only done the free trials, every 5-6 months or so. I want to get it for her this fall.

It seems that both family and homeschool for 1 user are the same price, $99. (For regular brain pop, not the junior version). Also, for a 7 yo, I might consider regular brainpop as well. Brainpop jr. is so watered down.

With the google chrome it would end up beign $86 per year, so not a huge difference.

I know that several years ago, there was a discount arround Christmas, but I don't think it is a regular feature. I contacted them some time ago, and they said to subsribe to their newsletter, and they might have a discount at some point. They haven't yet.

There's a points discount HSBC, but it is not worthwhile for me, as I could figure out how to apply the points.

About the G3, it reads "G3 discussion forums provide a safe, moderated environment for gifted students to socialize. Enrolled students will also receive access to BrainPOP.com, BrainPOP Jr., BrainPOP Espanol, and Discovery Education Virtual Streaming.

$59.00 per academic year".

So does this mean that I can get all of this for $59, or there's another fee? Thanks! But again, $59 per academic year, and $99 for the calendar year, looks like the same price. Is it?

ETA: Oh, never mind, G3 offers more choices for $59. Seems like a great deal, then.

Anyone knows if discovery streaming via G3 will work in Canada? Normally it doesn't.

I did it this last tear and paid 59.00 for the whole year. ???

Not sure about Canada. If you email her, she is VERY sweet. She has helped me with a bunch of questions before. :)

Guest submarines
I did it this last tear and paid 59.00 for the whole year. ???

Not sure about Canada. If you email her, she is VERY sweet. She has helped me with a bunch of questions before. :)

Thanks! I did email her about 10 minutes ago.

$59 for the whole academic year, or the calendar year? Either way, it seems like a great deal, because it combines Brainpop and Brainpop jr. (and for you lucky Americans, Discovery Streaming).

Thanks! I did email her about 10 minutes ago.

$59 for the whole academic year, or the calendar year? Either way, it seems like a great deal, because it combines Brainpop and Brainpop jr. (and for you lucky Americans, Discovery Streaming).

Said academic, but lasted from August through July. :)

Guest submarines

Well, she just replied that it is supposed to work in Canada! If it does, it would be great, but I'm not holding my breath, as Discovery Streaming states that it is only availabe in the US (at least with the discounted price via the HSBC, and I can't afford their regular price.)

Thank you for posting about it, Angel Bee!

Well, she just replied that it is supposed to work in Canada! If it does, it would be great, but I'm not holding my breath, as Discovery Streaming states that it is only availabe in the US (at least with the discounted price via the HSBC, and I can't afford their regular price.)

Thank you for posting about it, Angel Bee!

Crossing my fingers! Honestly, it has been like a miracle for us. I could NEVER afford BP and DS without this deal.

:grouphug: Hope it works for you!

Guest submarines

I just heard from G3.

The Discovery Streaming offered via GR *is* available worldwide, including Canada, but the selection is slightly smaller (7000 videos vs. 9000 videos). Which is just perfect for me. I'm so excited! Going to subsribe now.

I just heard from G3.

The Discovery Streaming offered via GR *is* available worldwide, including Canada, but the selection is slightly smaller (7000 videos vs. 9000 videos). Which is just perfect for me. I'm so excited! Going to subsribe now.

AWESOME! We love it :)

Crossing my fingers! Honestly, it has been like a miracle for us. I could NEVER afford BP and DS without this deal.

:grouphug: Hope it works for you!

Thank you so much for this info! I just signed up and am beyond excited.

They have some great class offerings too, I've bookmarked it to check next years offerings. :D

Last year I subscribed to Brain Pop & Brain Pop Jr. and I think it was $14.95 per month total (because it is more if you get both) and with a one year obligation. We know there are a lot of cool things out there online, even for free, and we tried a lot but Brain Pop was the one my 2 really seemed to enjoyed using to learn independently. We also tried Time 4 Learning, pages from Enchanted Learning, IXL, and some others but Brain Pop is the one I'm planning to restart this school year. How do we sign up for this ??

Edited by rocketgirl

Guest submarines

follow this link: http://www.onlineg3.com/mod/page/view.php?id=3226

scroll down to the very bottom, to Social Discussion Forum Only $59.

click on 'enroll now'. It will ask you to create an account. When you do, you will be able to enrol in the Social Discussion Forum Self Paced course, and it will include Brainpop, Brainpop Jr, and Brainpop Espanol, AND the Discovery Streaming.

Brainpop is an instantaneous access, but you have to wait for several days for the Discovery Streaming to go through.

It is an amazing deal! I'm so thankful to Angel Bee for sharing! I just subsribed, and it is good through Aug 2012!

HTH! :)

click on 'enroll now'. It will ask you to create an account. When you do, you will be able to enrol in the Social Discussion Forum Self Paced course, and it will include Brainpop, Brainpop Jr, and Brainpop Espanol, AND the Discovery Streaming.

Brainpop is an instantaneous access, but you have to wait for several days for the Discovery Streaming to go through.

It is an amazing deal! I'm so thankful to Angel Bee for sharing! I just subsribed, and it is good through Aug 2012!

Thank you very much!

I'd also like to thank:

1. The OP for pointing out Brain Pop, which I'd never heard of before! It looks great!

and

2. Angelbee for pointing out the G3 link to get it cheaper.

And...do I really see Rosetta Stone there for $99 a year? I was thinking about it (briefly) for my son who's learning (mandatory) Spanish in PS (they started it last year in Kindergarten) but saw it was $several hundred$ and dismissed it.

Look for self paced courses forum registration at www.onlineg3.com

Having trouble with my internet on borrowed computer.

Scroll to bottom of this page: http://www.onlineg3.com/mod/page/view.php?id=3222

Thank you! I will check this out.

What is the Social Discussion Forum Self Paced Course?? Is there some obligation to do something if I sign up for their Brainpop & DS??

I'd also like to thank:

1. The OP for pointing out Brain Pop, which I'd never heard of before! It looks great!

and

2. Angelbee for pointing out the G3 link to get it cheaper.

And...do I really see Rosetta Stone there for $99 a year? I was thinking about it (briefly) for my son who's learning (mandatory) Spanish in PS (they started it last year in Kindergarten) but saw it was $several hundred$ and dismissed it.

You are welcome.....regarding #1 at least. :D

Just an FYI....I e-mailed them and asked some questions. They e-mailed back super quick (but didn't answer every question). But...what they did say was that this is available to anyone...the deal does not expire...but, the subscription ends August '12 no matter when you buy it (so, ordering this month is the best if you want a full year).

Can anyone give a quick overview of what a BrainPop subscription would provide (how it is beneficial), and for what age range it's targeted? I tried looking around the site but was confused.

About 5 years ago we did a year of Connections Academy and it included BrainPOP. So, we have a little experience with it. Basically, they are little cartoon videos/clips that teach something. One of the characters is a robot named Moby. Here is a link to their free videos that you can watch and get an idea what it's all about. At the end of each little video is a quiz. I think there are little games too.

All I can say is THANK YOU for the information regarding G3 and BrainPop. DS has BrainPop on his iTouch and loves it, but we have never been able to afford the full BrainPop. Right now, I have one excited child sitting at his computer watching Moby and his friends.

DS is gifted and I truly appreciate learning about G3, too. The Hive is just a wealth of information.

I'm so glad I checked this out. What a wonderful resource and love that these services are available at so low a price. I already have subscriptions to BP and DES, but I'll probably get this anyway so I don't have to renew the more expensive ones. Is this G3 offer available all year long or only certain times?

Guest submarines
I signed up today, there doesn't appear to be any sort of obligation to participate in the forum. Signed on without a problem to brain pop Jr.

(and spent about an hour playing there myself...)

:D

The forums I checked seemed inactive.

I think the "Self Paced Courses" are the Brainpop and Discovery Streaming themselves.

Brainpop offers free trials for those who would like to find out more. :)

Edited by sunflowers

Guest submarines

I must be tired because I'm not sure what you mean. Can you clarify?

I *am* really tired, and I'm not sure which part of my post I should clarify. :lol:

I was responding to questions in several posts above, but I haven't quoated them. Does this help? If not, I will try again, if I figure out which part isn't clear. :tongue_smilie:

ETA: inactive, not in active. (I'm very tired, sorry for the typo)

Edited by sunflowers

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! We are Americans abroad and so many things "at home" are just too expensive for us. You have made my night! Cant wait to tell the kids that they have access to all these goodies for the next year. Thank you for helping me give my kids something good.

Alicia in New Zealand

Those brainpop videos look great! I didn't realize at first read that this $59/year fee included Discovery Streaming. I did read that correctly, right? Is it the same service that is offered by homeschool buyers co-op for $200 (for just the Discovery streaming plus)?

Those brainpop videos look great! I didn't realize at first read that this $59/year fee included Discovery Streaming. I did read that correctly, right? Is it the same service that is offered by homeschool buyers co-op for $200 (for just the Discovery streaming plus)?

Just bumping this in hopes someone can clarify. I tried looking on their site without much luck to find the answer. Is this the same as the Discovery Streaming Plus offered on Homeschool Buyer's Co-op anyone know?