Menu

Does anybody else not have all their next years curricula?

I still need to order Latin and French. And a bunch of miscellaneous items.

I am really kicking myself right now though because I just received the Memoria Press K guide and I really wish I had ordered it first. I kind of want to toss all of my kindy plans and use their entire package, but I've already spent most of the homeschool budget and my husband would kill me.;)

I don't... And we started last week! I've been waiting on the Singapore math WB for my first grader, and the science books I need for Elemental Chemistry. Two arrived yesterday, now I'm just waiting on the science encyclopedia.

I also decided to use FLL 1 and 4 and Spelling Workout. I still have to order them...

And then I need to order more Singapore math books.

So I know what I want, I'm just waiting to be able to purchase them.

I don't know what my problem is. I just can not decide. Right when I start to order I start second guessing myself. I have most of my stuff bought. But those little details are killing me this year :glare:

Don't feel bad I think we all go through that;).

I have been working on my girls curriculum for about a year now researching potential products to use from now to gr.12 and that is because I just want to be able to buy what ever I need with out spending a lot of time figuring out what to buy every year. I know that is not foolproof but so far it has worked out because during this time to get and idea of dc learning and thinking styles.

And even though I have an idea I still second guess myself I think it is just part of homeschooling. I don't think it is such a bad thing because it allows you to make sure you have thought things through properly:)

Edited by dyana17

I still need to order Latin and French. And a bunch of miscellaneous items.

I am really kicking myself right now though because I just received the Memoria Press K guide and I really wish I had ordered it first. I kind of want to toss all of my kindy plans and use their entire package, but I've already spent most of the homeschool budget and my husband would kill me.;)

That happen to me this year with Singapore math. I had just spent money for singapore math EB then I saw a great post on ES I was kicking myself but think goodness EB is not that expensive :D.

What a great relief it is to see I am not alone!

Near tears here, mostly because of the medical setback I had this school year and not being able to stay on track with the lovely dc.:001_huh:

There are many issues for quite a few of us, indecision seems to be the biggest, but it is also a financial issue for me.

What a great relief it is to see I am not alone!

Near tears here, mostly because of the medical setback I had this school year and not being able to stay on track with the lovely dc.:001_huh:

There are many issues for quite a few of us, indecision seems to be the biggest, but it is also a financial issue for me.

:grouphug: What are you using this coming year?

I was like that for a while. Well I figured out what my problem was, I was reading the boards way too much. I stepped away for a few days and did not research anymore, kept in my mind that I wanted to use what I planned. After a few days I was sold on what I had decided, I ordered it THEN went back to the board.

:grouphug: What are you using this coming year?

Well, you see, that's just it. I'm not sure. I was thinking about checking out CLE for Language Arts for the younger two.

Analytical Grammar for the older two for one thing.

I bought Spelling Power but have been a bum about immersing myself into reading it and then use it with the kids.

I do not want to use LLATL again. We've used it in the past but it doesn't seem to stick. Someone here had written that they didn't like it either, then they did something different with it and declared it worked!

This past school year I was having the youngest two use Simply Grammar and English for the Thoughtful Child, Saxon Math and Kingfisher History, library books for science, as well as science books at home.

The older two used Saxon Math, Wordly Wise and I honestly forget if it was Writing Strands or Wordsmith they used...maybe both. I can't remember a lot of things since March.:001_huh:

DD16 has been writing ...well, like her hair is on fire! I'm not too concerned about her abilities in that area. She speaks like she's not from this family.:lol::lol::lol:

Someone else has the right idea. Make a decision and get away from the computer. I am just unsure of what my choices are, I don't have much to spend and I'm unsure of where to get it from...:grouphug:

I was like that for a while. Well I figured out what my problem was, I was reading the boards way too much. I stepped away for a few days and did not research anymore, kept in my mind that I wanted to use what I planned. After a few days I was sold on what I had decided, I ordered it THEN went back to the board.

:iagree:

That was a great idea as the problem with me is once I bite my teeth into something I will not give up till I have exhausted every avenue :D. I need to learn to do this as I see this will save me time,money and sanity.

Me. I know what we need, there just hasn't been enough money to get it. Husband and father in law both had surgery in January. Mother in law has had brain surgery rescheduled several times (my husband is usually the one to take her to the out of state doctor) and now my mother is in the hospital with blood clots in her legs and lungs. Oh, and my husband resigned from his position at our church and we had to move. I am hoping to get everything ordered in the next few weeks.

Someone else has the right idea. Make a decision and get away from the computer. I am just unsure of what my choices are, I don't have much to spend and I'm unsure of where to get it from...:grouphug:

That is me.;) This is what worked for me:

I made a list of every subject and what I wanted them to work

Found what products fit my needs

Then wrote down the prospects.

Researched and priced

Then bought what I needed from Amazon.com, currclick.com or the used book store in our area because I am on a limited budget.

I love the choices out there for homeschooling but I hate it sometimes because it feels like I have to many choices to keep my limited sanity:tongue_smilie:And do not feel bad I am still behind because I have to deal with a host of medial issues in my household too.

Also currclick has writing strands available for download with other products like miquon math etc. that may help save some money.

Hope this helps:).

Edited by dyana17

Me too. I keep thinking I've got it all nailed down, and then I get the what if's! Mainly history and science... I finally decided for absolute certain this week to let the kids have more input into what we end up with. So now I need to get everything ready for that! Hopefully I am done flip-flopping on curriculum... if you saw how many times I changed my 2011-2012 page on my blog you'd think I was crazy!

PHEW! We decided on Ancient history and nature studies. I am officially done ordering everything... and now I just wait.

This has been an extremely busy summer for us--we had company for 3 of 4 weeks in July, the kids have been attending golf camps, so i've been running around more, we've been involved in things ourselves, and this coming week doesn't look much better!

I cannot decide on how to approach writing with my ds 10. So I have not ordered that. I have also not obtained all the books I need for TOG.

I've never been this late before. We start the last week in Aug.

I don't have all of ours yet due to money. I bought most of what I have by selling old curriculum, but that seems to have dried up now. My original plan was to start school tomorrow (8/8) since my oldest who is going to PS this year is away, but since I don't have all of our books, it's not going to work. Hopefully I can get it all by September, but if not, some subjects will have to wait to start until October.

I'm just ready to bang my head over 6th grade history. We've completed 5 weeks of school (just one more to go in our summer semester) and I clearly have a commitment issue. My 6th grader is doing a "History Stew" apparently.

K12 HO (I have the first two books), Pandia Press history and/or CHOL. In truth, I don't think that this particular dd will like ANY history program (HOW can a person hate history?!). Sigh...I'm pairing aforementioned dd with my 5th grader and it's like day and night! 5th grader LOVES everything. It's all lovely and butterflies. I just need something laid out and easy. The two youngest girls (2nd and 4th grade) are really enjoyed SOTW and CHOL.

I'm just ready to bang my head over 6th grade history. We've completed 5 weeks of school (just one more to go in our summer semester) and I clearly have a commitment issue. My 6th grader is doing a "History Stew" apparently.

K12 HO (I have the first two books), Pandia Press history and/or CHOL. In truth, I don't think that this particular dd will like ANY history program (HOW can a person hate history?!). Sigh...I'm pairing aforementioned dd with my 5th grader and it's like day and night! 5th grader LOVES everything. It's all lovely and butterflies. I just need something laid out and easy. The two youngest girls (2nd and 4th grade) are really enjoyed SOTW and CHOL.

Well I hated history as a child, but do you remember the TV show saved by the Bell? Do you remember the teacher Mr. Dewy? Well I had that teacher all through high school (now how did THAT happen? :glare:) I probably would have like history had the teacher not stood still in front of the class looking bored out of his mind lecturing in a monotone voice the entire class period. UGH

Thank goodness my dc love history so far!! They laugh everytime they watch Saved By the Bell (we have the DVD's) because I told them about my old history teacher LOL

My 6th grader is doing a "History Stew" apparently.

I love the term.

I decided this year going forward not to worry to much about history as I have many books on the subject I have collected over the years. Yesterday I found a forum posting for horrible history and dc loved it to the point that it spark dd12 to do her own research on people in the videos:auto:.

I don't know what my problem is. I just can not decide. Right when I start to order I start second guessing myself. I have most of my stuff bought. But those little details are killing me this year :glare:

I don't...I will be buying TOG books the entire year, a few weeks or a unit at a time :tongue_smilie:...I also don't have all the MCT books I need either...I have everything else I think...