Menu

I had to tell someone who would understand...

I had an appointment near an area homeschool bookstore today without kids, so I stopped in so I could look without distractions. I found 11 different items on my list for fall, all used, all in like new condition! (I *never* find that many things on one trip; I am usually excited if I find 2 or 3 things!) :D

Walked up to the counter and there was another item I was looking for laying in a pile off to the side. I asked about it and the sales person said, that someone had it in their basket but decided against it. It was used/like new, so add another great deal to the pile.:D

Then, the gal that is ringing me up says excuse me for a minute and goes to ask another employee something, then comes back and says, "We have a sale starting soon but since you are already in, I can give you another 10% off of the used items.":D:D:D

I got about 1/3 of what I still needed for fall all in one trip and saved about 60%! I was really excited and had to tell someone that would understand! :lol:

Homeschool bookstore? You mean a brick and mortar store that sells homeschool stuff?

Never heard of such a thing.

But Wow! Cool deal!

I guess we are pretty lucky here. There is actually 3 B&M homeschool bookstores within a 15-25 minute drive, 2 sell a mix of new and used, one is used only.

Wonderful:hurray: Is this place on the east coast?:tongue_smilie: If it is could you PM me?:D

Sorry, it is in North Texas.

As I often say you gotta be lucky sometime! What was the name of the store? I wish I had one of those close to me.:thumbup:

The one I went to yesterday is Home Educator's Resource. We also have the Center for Home Education and The Book Cover.

Thanks! It felt good and no one else understood. DH just wanted to know how much I spent! LOL!