Menu

Interesting "Toddlers and Tiaras" tonight

Aside from the fact that the entire show is a huge ICK for me, with GIANT red flags waving madly, this is kind of a different spin on the usual fare:

Conservative Christian woman prayed to have a little girl to put in pageants. Seven months ago she met Joshua who had a five year old girl named "Sarynitti" (<serenity>). They are married a couple of months later, and immediately start to put the girl in pageants. They pray about every piece of clothing, the spray tans, the strapless dresses, etc. The woman insists that "God loves pageants, and thinks all little girls should be in them." :001_huh:

The pageant in this episode is the "Halloween Bash" pageant.

astrid

Edited by astrid
fixed typos

Aside from the fact that the entire show is a huge ICK for me, with GIANT red flags waving madly, this is kind of a different spin on the usual fare:

Conservative Christian woman prayed to have a little girl to put in pageants. Seven months ago she met Joshua who had a five year old girl named "Sarynitti" (<serenity>). They are married couple of months later, and immediately start to put the girl in pageants. They pray about every piece of clothing, the spray tans, the strapless dresses, etc. The woman insists that "God loves pageants, and things all little girls should be in them." :001_huh:

astrid

The juxtaposition is striking. The reality is scary. Very odd.

Edited by Joanne

Conservative Christian woman prayed to have a little girl to put in pageants. Seven months ago she met Joshua who had a five year old girl named "Sarynitti" (<serenity>). They are married a couple of months later, and immediately start to put the girl in pageants. They pray about every piece of clothing, the spray tans, the strapless dresses, etc. The woman insists that "God loves pageants, and thinks all little girls should be in them." :001_huh:

astrid

I caught the promos. Diva looked at me and asked if the Mom was completely nuts, to be so obsessed with vanity, yet claiming to be a conservative Christian..

That is really very strange.

I'm a conservative Christian....God has never told me to put my daughters in pageants. :tongue_smilie:

Well then, maybe you just weren't listening hard enough! ;)

Because according to Ca'Trina, God very much wants little girls to be spray-tanned, hot-rollered, stuffed into a strappy little number and pirouette across the stage. :tongue_smilie:

astrid

Because according to Ca'Trina, God very much wants little girls to be spray-tanned, hot-rollered, stuffed into a strappy little number and pirouette across the stage. :tongue_smilie:

astrid

:lol::lol::lol:

astrid

You left out the flipper--very important, no Christian 6yog should be without one!

You left out the flipper--very important, no Christian 6yog should be without one!

Oh yeah--- my mistake. I think there's a Bible verse about that somewhere.

"And thou shall abhor your seven year old mouth, and takest a flipper. And it will be good."

"Jesus wants me to be a princess!" :001_huh:

astrid

It's really aggravating to watch TV producers make Christians look stupid by showcasing people like this. Grrr!

I don't think "Christians" like that lady needed any help looking stupid. The TV producers are just there to capture it, lol.

It's really aggravating to watch TV producers make Christians look stupid by showcasing people like this. Grrr!

Actually, the Pentacostal mom came off looking much better than the other two mean-spirited, rude moms. The judges also praised "Sarynitti" and said, "She was so SWEET on stage! You can just tell she's a sweet, sweet girl, and that's unusual for pageant girls."

Not that I think pageants are healthy, especially these "glitz pageants." But of all the pageant moms I"ve seen on this show, the Pentacostal Mom is the only one I could ever imagine having a sane conversation with. :D

astrid

I don't think "Christians" like that lady needed any help looking stupid. The TV producers are just there to capture it, lol.

Yeah but the rest of us would prefer that this type stay hidden. LOL! Remember that Trading Spouses psycho a few years ago? Ughhhhh!!

Actually, the Pentacostal mom came off looking much better than the other two mean-spirited, rude moms. The judges also praised "Sarynitti" and said, "She was so SWEET on stage! You can just tell she's a sweet, sweet girl, and that's unusual for pageant girls."

Not that I think pageants are healthy, especially these "glitz pageants." But of all the pageant moms I"ve seen on this show, the Pentacostal Mom is the only one I could ever imagine having a sane conversation with. :D

astrid

Ok cool, she can be on then. lol! I like Makenzie's mom from last week too. She was a wuss but seems really sweet and level-headed.

Oh I thought they were cute. Pageants are not my cup of tea, of course, but the mom was just so torn up when her daughter, who wore a 6 year old borrowed dress and was coached for one week by a 13- year old, cried when she thought her name wasn't going to be called. They were such a nice contrast to the woman who kept saying, "Pageants are my job" and dressed her 9 year old daughter in a Daisy Duke outfit.

I was rooting for them to have a good experience. They were sweet, and if that is how they want to bond as new step-mom and step-daughter, more power to them.

Terri

astrid

It's all for the glory of the Lord (said in my best preacher voice). Amen! :tongue_smilie:

I have on occasion thanked the Lord for hot rollers, but that was in the 80s.