Menu

3rd grade math

Nathansmommy

If they put their mind to it, 15-20 minutes, if they want to fool around, up to an hour.

We do MUS. My ending 3rd grader is finishing Beta. My ending 1st grader is finishing Alpha and my PreK/Ker will be in the middle of Primer.

If the almost 4th grader would stop fooling around, he will get through Delta this year.

My third grader started the year doing MM and Saxon 3. She switched to Saxon 54 in January but it still wasn't a great fit. I switched her to MM and CLE math late in the Spring and that has been a great combination for her. I'd say she spends less than an hour on math a day. She would rather complete it in a block than broken into several sessions.

We take an hour, but my dd does not have a fast speed; she does everything at her own pace, but she's thorough. We drill for 10 minutes, do review or a game or CWP for 10 min., a new SM lesson for 15-20 minutes. She does the WB on her own and that can take another 15-20 minutes. Rarely do we finish under an hour, but I don't let her go much longer than an hour.