Menu

Best sunburn cures?

Advil or Aleve to start with, and then a cream with glycerin and dimethicone. Aloe, also, feels good but I am not sure that it does anything for moistening the skin like CerVe, Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring Lotion, etc

Good luck,

ReneeR

Tea works like vinegar, taking the sting out.

Just brew up some tea, let it cool, then soak a washcloth in it, gently wring it out to use as a compress on affected areas. Or, put it in a spray bottle and spritz as needed. *aaah* Keep it in the fridge for extra cooling.

One source mentioning it: http://skincare.lovetoknow.com/Natural_Sunburn_Remedies

:iagree: and I have done this. It works.

Sounds nuts but Noxema (the old-school kind with the distinctive smell) makes a sunburn feel sooo much better and gets rid of the redness quickly. Slather it all over you nice and thick!

:iagree:

I just learned the Noxema trick last year. Use it liberally and it really works. Otherwise, I've always used vinegar.

As someone who burns (very badly) *through* sunscreen and clothing... ibuprofen if it is extremely painful, and lots and lots of aloe vera. If you are really lucky you have a pot with a big aloe plant in it (I miss mine...), if not the green gel is the next best thing. Lukewarm baths are also good. Vinegar if you can stand the smell (I can't. At all. So I usually don't use it... but it does work!)