Menu

Math Mammoth users....printed version or download?

Hi everyone!

I am considering using Math Mammoth for my daughter this upcoming school year and was wondering whether to go with the download version or printed version. I can see pros and cons of each. I think the printed version would be good because you're not having to use the extra ink to print out what is needed but then the download being convenient too for duplicating the same worksheet for multiple uses if need be and not having to print out if she's able to skip over topics already learned. Any suggestions from those who are using MM?

I totally love the download version. I just love the advantages that come with downloads - you can print out what you need, as many times as you need it, in the method that you prefer it. :)

It was one of the first things I ProClicked. Now it is a workbook that lies flat.

I prefer the download too. I love that I will be able to print copies for all my kids. I'll only have to pay printing costs with the next 2. We have a laser printer, but there is also an inexpensive mom and pop print shop in our area that would have cost less to print than buying the already printed version.

I like having it in color, plus we sometimes skip chapters, so download is great for me. It's not that much ink if you use fast draft.

The print version is black and white only, which isn't a problem until you get to coins. Plus if a kid spills milk on it...

Download for us too. I like having some things in color, I only print out what we are going to need (right now we're doing a few selected pages from 1A and 1B to get used to MM) and we are definitely doing things out of order - each week we do some addition, some subtraction, some place value, some clock, some shapes and measuring. I'd rather not have to paperclip or tag pages out of a bunch of different books and be flipping around. Plus DS is less distracted if he is given a few loose worksheets rather than a book. A book he wants to look ahead instead of doing what he's supposed to.

I bought the download since I plan on using this program with 4 kids, so it will be cheaper in the long run to just buy once and print as needed. I love that I don't have to think about or buy math for grades 1-6 at all! I just print out the books at the beginning of the year and off they go!

I bought a couple of the printed versions first from Lulu. One of the books had no pages inside the cover! :001_huh: After a little bit of hassle, I got one with pages. That being said, the second time around I bought the download, and it is great! The color is fun, and it is so much more flexible being able to print the pages myself. If you can hold off until August, the Homeschool Buyers Co-op does a group buy on Math Mammoth and you can save 40-50% off the price of the download.

BTW - the proclick is a binding machine. You can print off all the pages, and then bind them yourself using the machine and a coil.

Susan

I just proclicked mine today! 2 sided allows you to fit one semester in a 1/2 inch comb.

I had purchased a starter set via amazon as shown on this forum. They are sold out now. You can buy a proclick like this http://www.amazon.com/GBC-ProClick-Desktop-Binding-Machine/dp/B00006IAS3/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306863092&sr=1-1-fkmr1 for around 50.00 at office max. The starter set was nice b/c for the same price you got some binding combs and covers too.

I print and comb-bind one book at a time (3A, 3B, etc). Printing in color on the "fast draft" setting results in slightly more pastel colors but saves a ton of ink. I print single-sided because (1) it's faster and (2) when the workbook is open flat, the blank back of the previous page serves as scratch paper.

Jackie

Definitely download...I have the CD, but would buy the download if I didn't...I prefer downloads over workbooks because I can print them out multiple times (I have three boys)...I love them for math especially, as I can reprint the page if too many problems are done incorrectly the first time around ;)