Menu

Is this a rapture joke?

What did it say? Did it say when they would be back? If it's obviously not a joke, I'd be worried about suicide.....

Ack. My mind didn't even go there. . . no, no destination stated and no return date. . . but it's not someone I know well. (It was sent to a number of mutual friends and I'm not one of the "in crowd" so they might all know the details while I don't, you know?) I might ask one of the others that I know a little bit better what the story is. . . This person is one who sends a lot of Christian chain mail type stuff so that's why I thought it might be a rapture thing.

I got a good-bye e-mail from someone I know. I didn't know they were going anywhere:confused: Do you think it's a rapture thing? And what does this say about the fact that I'm getting a good-bye e-mail? :toetap05: I guess I'll inquire as to where they are going. . . tomorrow.

Hmm. Hard to say. The whole Rapture thing is pretty much a big pile of fodder for jokes. If it sounds despondent, I'd give the person a call anyway, or email if you don't have their phone number. Sounds like it needs some clarification at the least.

I'm very curious how people are holding up now that the rapture hasn't happened. I looked but couldn't find any statement from Harold Camping. I think he owes his followers a HUGE apology and he needs to stop predicting anything.

I'm very curious how people are holding up now that the rapture hasn't happened. I looked but couldn't find any statement from Harold Camping. I think he owes his followers a HUGE apology and he needs to stop predicting anything.

Technically, they need to follow through on the consequences for false prophecy. . .