Menu

Does anyone get God's World News magazine?

Homemaker

I get it (at our co-op with a discount). If you belong to a co-op, see if you can get other moms to go in on it with you to save $. I really like the magazine and think it's very well done. Unfortunately, it was hard to find time to fit it in the day/week.

I've gotten it for 5+ years. We love it! My kids consider that their newspaper. They read it while eating their breakfast, in the car, on Friday light days, whenever.

We also get World Magazine. Great stuff.

I've gotten it for 5+ years. We love it! My kids consider that their newspaper. They read it while eating their breakfast, in the car, on Friday light days, whenever.

We also get World Magazine. Great stuff.

How long has it been out? I just heard about this also. Question for you since you seem to be the expert on this (since you have gotten it so long :001_smile:) I am planning on getting this for my kids but am waiting til next school year. They have a Pre-K and a 1st-2nd grade level editions. Would it be ok to combine a k'er and 1st grader with the 1st-2nd grade editions? Is there a reason they did the editions in those grade sets? I don't really want to do separate magazines for the boys who will be in K and 1st next fall.

As is I would already be getting 3 levels if I combine the boys in one.

We've gotten the summer subscription...I'd love to get a full year, but I've usually blown my budget elsewhere. :blush: My DC enjoy it and I don't have to worry about ads or evolutionary topics. We got a subscription to another magazine that had both. It was constantly advertising new cartoons yet to be released.

I just ordered it starting this fall at our co-op with a discount too, so glad to hear good things. I'm also planning to do MFW ECC next year, and this is recommended in their catalog. Didn't realize it until after I ordered it, so lucked out there. LOL

How long has it been out? I just heard about this also. Question for you since you seem to be the expert on this (since you have gotten it so long :001_smile:) I am planning on getting this for my kids but am waiting til next school year. They have a Pre-K and a 1st-2nd grade level editions. Would it be ok to combine a k'er and 1st grader with the 1st-2nd grade editions? Is there a reason they did the editions in those grade sets? I don't really want to do separate magazines for the boys who will be in K and 1st next fall.

As is I would already be getting 3 levels if I combine the boys in one.

No problem. My kids read each others levels ALL THE TIME. Combining higher is the way to go though because you can always read it to them. There should be samples at the website.

My kids love this magazine and they really do learn a lot from it! They are always saying, "I read in GWN that....." neat stuff and facts (geography, science, etc). This has been our second year subscribing. This year, I picked one level for them all to share. I had a 2nd, 4th, and 6th and I chose the 4th-5th grade level. My 2nd grader reads well above level. I order for a group of us, so I see that the content is often very much the same, just different reading levels/depths. Unless you have a large gap between abilities, I would find a middle point and order one level. Just my two cents. :001_smile:

My dd 8 has gotten it for 2 years and she LOVES it. She has learned so much from it, and recently we did a picture study in FLL2 that was a snowy owl drawing by Audubon. She got very excited because it had recently been on the cover of her GWN magazine (with an article inside) and she ran and got it (I was amazed that she remembered it). They are wonderful publications. I get discounts ongoing because of being a subscriber if I continue to renew. Well worth the $!

I'm also planning to do MFW ECC next year, and this is recommended in their catalog. Didn't realize it until after I ordered it, so lucked out there. LOL

Is it recommended for ECC? Awesome we are doing ECC next year as well! I had no clue they recommended that either!! :D

No problem. My kids read each others levels ALL THE TIME. Combining higher is the way to go though because you can always read it to them. There should be samples at the website.

LOL Samples.... ofcourse :blush:. My brain is fried trying to get next years plans finalized. Almost there lol. Thank you

This year, I picked one level for them all to share. I had a 2nd, 4th, and 6th and I chose the 4th-5th grade level. My 2nd grader reads well above level. I order for a group of us, so I see that the content is often very much the same, just different reading levels/depths. Unless you have a large gap between abilities, I would find a middle point and order one level. Just my two cents. :001_smile:

That is something to think about... Although I will have a K, 1st, 4th and 8th-- I am assuming with that big of a gap I would need atleast 2 levels right? Maybe I can combine the older girls also.