Menu

"Honestly mom!!! I didn't mean to set Will's (brother) butt on fire!!!!"

I have referred to my dh as "Thor, maker of fire" in the past and our sons as his primeval minions. So, I am duty bound, as the only civilized humanoid in this house - dd being gone most of the time and even she can occasionally express an unnatural obsession with chemicals - to NOT mention this to dh and his primates EVER!

Wow, just wow, just wow....I thought I had the only boys capable of such crazy, mythbusterish, behavior.

Faith

This is my most trustworthy child too! Guess there's no leaving him alone with friends over!!!

My 15 yo ds's most common response to me after I have told him that he cannot do something (That I think isn't a good idea) is, "Why? Do you think I am an idiot?" Hmmmm.....teenage boys.....in a word.....YES. There is a reason they have parents and the age of adulthood is 18. Frankly, for boys/men, there is no cap. :tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol:Once I read the story and knew your 10 yo is okay, I had to laugh, too! Boys really are boys, aren't they? There are a few girls that might try that, too, so my middle one isn't likely to hear about this from me.

You know that board member who posts hilarious things her children say all year? You win!

:iagree:

I'll ask ds later. I think it has something to do with Mythbusters.

Another reason why I vote to ban those crazy reality shows. Dh lets my younger dc watch Wipe Out sometimes, and I do have a concern that my middle dd will try something like one of those things.

That is much funnier than what I thought was going to be the cause--I thought for sure you were going to say that they were trying to light their farts on fire.

Isn't that called making blue angels? The first time I heard about that it was from a man in his 40s talking about his teen years; he is a clergyman and a lot more responsible now.

I have referred to my dh as "Thor, maker of fire" in the past and our sons as his primeval minions. So, I am duty bound, as the only civilized humanoid in this house - dd being gone most of the time and even she can occasionally express an unnatural obsession with chemicals - to NOT mention this to dh and his primates EVER!

Wow, just wow, just wow....I thought I had the only boys capable of such crazy, mythbusterish, behavior.

Faith

Exactly why I thought YOU were the OP!! :lol:

Yes. These were words actually uttered to me tonight by my 15 yo! I looked outside and saw my 10 yo's rear end ON FIRE!!!! He had read how the stunt men did it and he had the chemicals on hand. So, he set our slide on fire and had the 10 yo go down. Yes. He did.

10 yo had NO idea his butt was on fire. Ds' friends started screaming for him to sit down. He did. All was fine. You can't even tell his butt was on fire from looking at his pants.

I saw it all happen from the kitchen window (all except the flaming slide - I can't see that from the window).

I think we need to have NO more matches/chemicals in the house!!!!

I would be screaming with fury and fear because.....a friend's son backed into a campfire and his back caught fire and he didn't know it or feel it. He ended up with several painful surgeries. If I hadn't known that story, I might be laughing, too.

I wish I could respond to everyone individually. I'm SO sorry to the PP who lost a family member to burns. I cannot even imagine.

LG - That's horrific!!! Sad and scary at the same time.

I'm counting my blessings while laughing on the inside. I had a VERY serious talk with ds 15 about what could've happened. He was very remorseful and sorry. This was the child who wanted my husband and me to go to a party we had been invited to at the same time he was having a party here! Um. Nope. Now he sees why.

I'm going to come back to this thread when I need a giggle.

Thank you God for giving me daughters.

Thank you... and if you give me one more, can it PLEASE be a daughter again?

:D

At my house, it *would* be the daughter who thought of it. :)

OP, this is hilarious! I'm so glad the boys are okay, and I'd be livid if it was my kids. It would take me a long time to laugh about it. But since it's not me, I'm laughing hard!

Sometimes I wonder how many stupid things I have to think up and tell them not to do. The possibilities are endless.

:iagree: Yep, life with boys!

Jennifer, that is so funny and so terrifying at the same time! It reminds me of when my son was about 15 and made a bomb. He set if off in our yard (he told me to "watch this" right before it blew). It made large bolders fly and shook my whole house. He's probably on a gov't watch list.

Yes. These were words actually uttered to me tonight by my 15 yo! I looked outside and saw my 10 yo's rear end ON FIRE!!!! He had read how the stunt men did it and he had the chemicals on hand. So, he set our slide on fire and had the 10 yo go down. Yes. He did.

Somehow I knew this teaching them to read thing would backfire one day!!!!:glare:

From my father's personal childhood experiences:

"Lighting an M-80 and tossing it out the window during drafting class without the express knowledge that the school superintendent is taking a stroll in the parking lot, will result in a flurry of negative behavior from said adult. Fortunately, no one ever figured out who threw the cracker."

I hate to say it, but as much as I blame Thor for my sons' damaged, pyro DNA, it is possible that some faulty gene made it through my bloodline directly from my father and his brother whose antics could have kept a fire department and bomb squad in constant uproar had they known the half of what these two were doing.

Faith