Menu

RFWP Philadelphia conference attendees---an informal curriculum show & tell?

Since we'll be missing out on a big vendor hall, how about we all bring items to share? I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to put my hands on books before making a purchase commitment. I'm sure we can find a common room in the dorm to fit our purposes :001_smile:

I'm going to list what I can bring and what I'd like to peruse. Please add yours!

I will bring

Human Odyssey with accompanying Teacher and Student books (may only bring Vol. 2 as I might sell Vol. 1 before the conference)

Oxford Press The World in Ancient Times and The Medieval and Early Modern World assorted volumes from my library system

CPO Earth Science and the teacher's book or CPO Life Science and teacher's book (should I sell the earth science book before the conference)

Galore Park's So You Really Want to Learn French 1

Exercises in English 6

Challenge Math for the Elementary and Middle School Student by Ed Zaccaro

Patty Paper Geometry

various levels of Sadlier-Oxford Vocabulary Workshop

I would like to see

any literature guides for middle school and high school

Artistic Pursuits for grades 4-6 and/or 7-8

Hewlitt Homeschooling syllabus for History of US books

In addition, would anyone be interested in a swap table? Bring items that you wouldn't be able to sell to pass on to someone else.

:bigear:

Artistic Pursuits for grades 4-6 and/or 7-8

I have this one! But only to show, not willing to sell yet, we're still using it.

I can also bring Art of Problem Solving Intro to Algebra

I'm interested in seeing that Philosophy for Children book Harry Stottlemeirer’s Discovery

Edited by CleoQc

I'll definitely bring whatever I can round up. Trouble is, the bulk of our curricula will already be represented! ;)

Yeah same here. Let's post what we want to see and then if someone has that we can pipe up and say so. I want to see Omnibus. Any/all of them but particularly the ancients. And if anyone has used SWB's high school history and made a Sonlight type plan with it, I wanna see it! That's my 2012-2013 plan for dd.

I can bring a few HOD guides: Preparing, Beyond, LHTH and LHFHG. Can also bring Galore Park's SYRWTL Spanish 1 and 2, FIAR 1-3, MFW K...

I would love to see Latin Road or any other Latin program you guys might have, MFW Adv., LoF Pre-Alg. and Beg. Alg. Those are off the top of my head. :D

I have far too many things. Only problem is if I bring them all I may not have enough room in the car for all the people I may be transporting...

I've got a lot of the same stuff Luckymama has! Also,

Lial's BCM and Pre-Algebra

CPO Physics: A First Course

Speilvogel's Human Odyssey

Singapore Discovering Mathematics 1

Pattern-Based Writing

AoPS Number Theory, Intro. Algebra and Geometry

oh, and I do have the Harry Stottlemeier book and TM. And Philosophy for Kids.

And a ton more stuff... I'll wait to see if I have anything people want to see before packing it all up (see previous worry about space in car).

I want to see:

Lost Tools of Writing

I do have just a few things I'd love to sell - maybe we should just start a thread saying what people have to sell and pre-sell them via PM if anyone's interested?

CPO Physics: A First Course

Pattern-Based Writing

AoPS Number Theory, Intro. Algebra and Geometry

I do have just a few things I'd love to sell - maybe we should just start a thread saying what people have to sell and pre-sell them via PM if anyone's interested?

(1) I'd love to see the books I quoted!

(2) I have some things I would like to sell as well. Since the books are big and heavy, it would work out better for me to sell them in person rather than trying to ship.

I'm flying, but I'll bring what I can! It's pretty basic, though, probably nothing anyone's ever seen before. I have MUS Alpha and Beta, TOG (Y1, I'll bring 1 unit, not the whole thing. ;-) And probably my computer, so you can see it on DE), the R&S 3/4 year old and preschool/K workbooks, The Greek Code Cracker, SSL and SSG, Apologia Astronomy and Botany, and CQLA. (All of those are too show, not to swap, and you can't mind a little toddler art in them and my kids' oh, so neat handwriting ((rolls eyes)). :tongue_smilie:) I *might* be able to bring Latin Road, and the Bridge, and maybe Ray's Arithmetic and some Rod and Staff. I could probably be persuaded to part with the Rod and Staff, but I'll have to check the condition of them.

I'd like to see Classical Writing and/or Classical Composition, any of the MCT poetry stuff, but particularly Music in the Hemispheres, and the CW Beginner's Poetry.

I'm interested in a mix of physical and cultural geography, just as an introduction. I'm toying with the idea of the AP Human Geography (materials, not necessarily sitting for the exam) for her 8th grade year if she should enjoy the topic.

I've never seen Mapping the World with Art (hey, I've never seen anything in person besides what we're currently using!) so thanks :)

Count me in! If someone has and could bring Dynamic Literacy Foundations (especially this!), English from the Roots Up...anything vocab-related for 4th-6th grades, I would so appreciate it! And maybe something 4th-5th grade science-y, like Elemental Science or Noeo?

Most of my stuff is for the younger grades (K-3) and isn't too exciting, but I have some Winter Promise guides (AS1, World Around Me, Animals and Their Habitats) if anyone wants to see those. I also have LFC A and a newly acquired (but not yet watched) set of Teaching the Classics, if anyone cares to see those. And Nebel's and loads of RightStart guides.

I'd definitely have stuff for a swap table too.

I'm also interested in looking at anything geography-related for logic stage/middle school. I don't want to reinvent the wheel if unnecessary!

I'm interested in a mix of physical and cultural geography, just as an introduction. I'm toying with the idea of the AP Human Geography (materials, not necessarily sitting for the exam) for her 8th grade year if she should enjoy the topic.

I've never seen Mapping the World with Art (hey, I've never seen anything in person besides what we're currently using!) so thanks :)

I have Trail Guide to World Geography, Trail Guide to US Geography, and the Prentice Hall World Geography Building a Global Perspective textbook with the syllabus that my DD's teacher used for her 9th grade (public school) PreAP World Geography class that I can bring.

I also have the Aesop & Homer cores for CW and the OlderBeginner student book. Oh, and CW Diogenes: Maxim. I can bring those.

Count me in! If someone has and could bring Dynamic Literacy Foundations (especially this!), English from the Roots Up...anything vocab-related for 4th-6th grades, I would so appreciate it!

heh... everything I'm using for Vocab is from MCT, but I think that'll be well-represented there already. :D

I also have the Aesop & Homer cores for CW and the OlderBeginner student book. Oh, and CW Diogenes: Maxim. I can bring those.

Interested in these, too. :)

Oh, I have a PLL I can bring that someone can have. I make no claims as to the condition, however. :blushing: I know the spine is a bit... used. My kids are pretty hard on books.

Most of my stuff is for the younger grades (K-3) and isn't too exciting, but I have some Winter Promise guides (AS1, World Around Me, Animals and Their Habitats) if anyone wants to see those. I also have LFC A and a newly acquired (but not yet watched) set of Teaching the Classics, if anyone cares to see those. And Nebel's and loads of RightStart guides.

I'd definitely have stuff for a swap table too.

I'd love to take a look at the bolded stuff above.

I don't have a lot that I think people might want to see, maybe: some IEW stuff, some LOF, some RS4K (chemistry and physics), Rainbow Science, the first edition of LLfLOTR, and the first 2 volumes of k12's Human Odyssey.

If anyone wants to see any of it, speak up I'll bring it.:D

So when are you thinking about doing this curriculum sharing? I have some things people are interested in seeing, and there are some I'd like to see as well. One person mentioned Thursday night; since I'm driving to and fro each day, driving up on Thursday as well probably won't work for me. Not that you need to plan around me, but I was just wondering if anyone's having any thoughts about a time other than Thursday...

Becky

I don't have a lot that I think people might want to see, maybe: some IEW stuff, some LOF, some RS4K (chemistry and physics), Rainbow Science, the first edition of LLfLOTR, and the first 2 volumes of k12's Human Odyssey.

I'm considering the purchase of the 2nd edition, so I'd really, really like to see more than just a couple of online sample pages. :)

I'm definitely heading down for Thursday night, but I have no idea what time. I wonder if there will be set check-in (?)

I'm working on my S&T list. So far, I have

Mapping the World with Art

The Elements

Carbon Chem

The. Story of Science (Aristotle)

HO level 2 Middle Ages

Probably First and. Second Form Latin

All About Spelling 1 and 2

I'll bring the WP and AS stuff then!

I'm definitely heading down for Thursday night, but I have no idea what time. I wonder if there will be set check-in (?)

I'm working on my S&T list. So far, I have

Mapping the World with Art

The Elements

Carbon Chem

The. Story of Science (Aristotle)

HO level 2 Middle Ages

Probably First and. Second Form Latin

All About Spelling 1 and 2

I can bring these for you to look over.

• 1 month later...