Menu

Brag Alert: dd2 took first place for Ma in the National Peace Essay Competition.

So Fed Ex arrives at our door this afternoon...

Envelope is addressed to dd2 who is out for a walk...

Is this a college 'stalker' with deep pockets?

Nope! She is the state winner for the National Peace Essay contest! A small scholarship results but much more importantly there is also a trip to Washington DC! She'll get to meet as many as 6 of her class mates from AP English Language. Happy dance!

She so struggled with that essay. Corruption is not an easy topic and she didn't enjoy the process...but she is enjoying the result!

Please celebrate with me -- there were other homeschooled winners so I know you're out there.

~Moira

Edited by Moira in MA

So Fed Ex arrives at our door this afternoon...

Envelope is addressed to dd2 who is out for a walk...

Is this a college 'stalker' with deep pockets?

Nope! She is the state winner for the National Peace Essay contest! A small scholarship results but much more importantly there is also a trip to Washington DC! She'll get to meet as many as 6 of her class mates from AP English Language. Happy dance!

She so struggled with that essay. Corruption is not an easy topic and she didn't enjoy the process...but she is enjoying the result!

Please celebrate with me.

~Moira

:party: I'll celebrate with you. I helped guide my older sons through essays for the World War II museum and those topics tend to be much more straight forward than the topics I've seen in the National Peace Essay.

Way to go.