Menu

When will I feel like a grown up?

I turn 25 in May. I have been married for 6 1/2 years, I have 2 kids, and I didn't feel like an adult until I got "grown-up" furniture with our tax refund this spring. I now have a dinning table and chairs, and I have a bed frame, instead of sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Sometimes it takes something small or silly to make it feel like it.

I had one of those moments last weekend. I was literally rocking out in my MINIVAN with my THREE kids in the backseat on a Friday night. I was lost in the moment. I was 27 all over again, getting dressed to go out for the night.

Then someone said "Mooooooooooooom!"

I know what you mean. Dh and I always say our friends seem so grown up and wonder what's wrong with us. Dh is knocking on 40 (and I'm not:tongue_smilie:) and we were asked for our IDs at the last R movie we watched. We felt like kids getting away with something.

I turn 25 in May. I have been married for 6 1/2 years, I have 2 kids, and I didn't feel like an adult until I got "grown-up" furniture with our tax refund this spring. I now have a dinning table and chairs, and I have a bed frame, instead of sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Sometimes it takes something small or silly to make it feel like it.

LOL My mattress is still on the floor! That must be it, I need to get a "real" bed and then maybe... hmmm... maybe not...

Oh well :D

FOr me, it hit me around my 30th birthday and I just started to feel like a grown up. Before that I really felt like a phony, wondering why everyone couldnt see I was just a big kid in an adult body.

Now I am 43- I pretty much feel like a grown up but I think I have a fairly youthful spirit and dont think being a grownup has to look a certain way.

FOr me, it hit me around my 30th birthday and I just started to feel like a grown up. Before that I really felt like a phony, wondering why everyone couldnt see I was just a big kid in an adult body.

This is so funny. I can always count on the Hive to be timely. Just this evening in the car, driving down the road child-free, with my music turned way up loud, I was wondering when I'd start feeling like an adult.

I'll be 26 this year. It's nice to see others who feel the same way! :D