Menu

Workbooks for preschool

kristinannie

OK, I am doing classical with a lot of CM and I am not really excited about workbooks. However, my DD3 is constantly begging for workbooks. My DS5 is going to do a workbook for math and handwriting and that's it. I have been illegally making copies of his handwriting book for her to do. She really wants to do "school." She actually has a long attention span. I have her doing manipulatives, puzzles, etc. most of the time (or independent play). I am looking for a couple of workbooks to just have her do some stuff so she will stop begging. Any suggestions? I have bought one preschool book from Walmart, but it is pretty lame.

Another vote for the Kumon, DD loved those. They are good quality, and include all sorts of different types (numbers up to 30, Uppercase letters, lowercase letters, mazes, telling time...)

Could you print up some pages and stick them in a binder? DD loves it when I do that for her. There are all kinds of sites with free printables. She has a binder to take to her babysitters with all sorts of stuff that I've printed. For that work I do the stuff she can do on her own, so math reviews, mazes, phonics reviews, handwriting practice....

Could you print up some pages and stick them in a binder? DD loves it when I do that for her. There are all kinds of sites with free printables. She has a binder to take to her babysitters with all sorts of stuff that I've printed. For that work I do the stuff she can do on her own, so math reviews, mazes, phonics reviews, handwriting practice....

That is a really good idea!

Another recommendation for R&S and Kumon books. :001_smile: Cutting books of some sort are a bit hit here! Right now, we just have a cheap Walmart one, but Kumon has some nice ones too.

When we do an art project, I gather enough materials for her to make a project too. I don't really have her follow any directions...I just let her do her own thing. Sometimes her projects resemble ours. :lol: Mostly she has fun with paint or markers. I also let her join in on science projects if she wants.

We use R&S, too. DS isn't thrilled about what we're on (we're using the 3-4 year old curriculum at the moment), but I think it's because it's just basically been working on following the dotted lines, and he's a perfectionist about them. Once we're through this book, I think he'll enjoy them much more.