Menu

We bagged schoolwork today and instead made fairies

These are very cute!!! :hurray: Instructions please???

Hee, thanks.

14mm wood beads

silk flowers

pipecleaners

glue guns

embroidery thread

various ribbon

bend the pipecleaner in half. invert the v to ^ and about 1.5 inches from the crotch (ahem) bend each side back up-those are now the legs. then at the waist bend each side to a left angle, and at 1/2 inch, bend them back. Those are the arms. Then, at the major join of all the limbs, make another left angle bend to make the neck. All you have to do is then slip the bead on the neck wires and glue.

Basically, you just made a star. I then wrapped the limbs with some ribbon and glued, but you could just keep them as they were.

Then, rip off all of the flowers, peel off any plastic, (but keep the pistils for crowns) and at the hole in the petal, make a small slit-you just want to open it up enough to pull the petal up the body form.

PLay with the petals. Stack them into a skirt you want, (leaves on the bottom going up to the smallest flowers) and then pull them up the form. Lift her skirts up and give her some glue so they don't slip off.

I used ribbon and leaves for the wings and made a wad of embroidery thread for the hair. Glue all that in place. We used very fine markers for the faces. You could paint them and really get into embellishing.

My Aunt brought over this book-Felt Wee Folk and we used her body idea of the bended star with the bead head. She wraps her fairy bodies in embroidery thread, but that was too involved for the age of my kids.

Did that make *any* sense? :confused:

Thank you so much for the instructions!! :grouphug: I will have to let you know how it goes... I learn by doing so written instructions dont make sense to me anyways a lot of times. :001_smile:

Ha! That's basically the way we worked it. The first few were not so good. :D The kids got a handle on it better than the adults did!

Hee, thanks.

14mm wood beads

silk flowers

pipecleaners

glue guns

embroidery thread

various ribbon

bend the pipecleaner in half. invert the v to ^ and about 1.5 inches from the crotch (ahem) bend each side back up-those are now the legs. then at the waist bend each side to a left angle, and at 1/2 inch, bend them back. Those are the arms. Then, at the major join of all the limbs, make another left angle bend to make the neck. All you have to do is then slip the bead on the neck wires and glue.

Basically, you just made a star. I then wrapped the limbs with some ribbon and glued, but you could just keep them as they were.

Then, rip off all of the flowers, peel off any plastic, (but keep the pistils for crowns) and at the hole in the petal, make a small slit-you just want to open it up enough to pull the petal up the body form.

PLay with the petals. Stack them into a skirt you want, (leaves on the bottom going up to the smallest flowers) and then pull them up the form. Lift her skirts up and give her some glue so they don't slip off.

I used ribbon and leaves for the wings and made a wad of embroidery thread for the hair. Glue all that in place. We used very fine markers for the faces. You could paint them and really get into embellishing.

My Aunt brought over this book-Felt Wee Folk and we used her body idea of the bended star with the bead head. She wraps her fairy bodies in embroidery thread, but that was too involved for the age of my kids.

Did that make *any* sense? :confused:

Those are great! I have to quote you here so I can find the instructions in case I ever decide to be that creative. :D

These are sweet and oh so delicate looking. What a sublime way to spend a March day. I would like to go to school at your home!

Please! Come! We would have a blast!

Dd used to make these. :001_tt1: They were darling. Maybe we should do it again.

Do it, and post picts!

Those are lovely!

Thank you!