Menu

WOW! Have you ever posted a thread and then...

see it slowly move down the page with no responses and no views??? it is kind of like being back in school and hoping someone notices you! OR rather doesn't notice you, but in this case notices you! :001_huh:

If it is something you really want an answer for, bump it.

I run across interesting threads all the time that have been on here for a few days, but I've not seen them before.

It is hard to keep up with all discussions I might be interested in because of the sheer volume.

And I jump on and off the forums usually several times per day, spending just a few minutes each time. It is very hard to notice all the threads that way.

Don't take it personally!! :001_smile:

Oh yeah. I realize it is probably just because no one figures they have an answer. I usually hover over the subject line to see more of what it's about, so it's not that I haven't looked at the thread at all, just that I didn't feel there was anything I'd have to add from what I saw. I'm sure it's like that for other people when my threads don't get much response.

Oh most definitely. All the time. I actually decided that I am really bad at starting threads that actually amount to anything. My one "success" is so totally frivolous that it is just crazy!

ah yes the "thread killer" . THat one is the most popular! :D

ah yes the "thread killer" . THat one is the most popular! :D

Yeah, but now I have switched to the view that I am more of the variety that is incapable of starting a decent thread. I am not good with titles. I see some that are so much better at titling things than I am. I guess I am better at following a lead than making my own lead.

Well at least I am not the only one.

AND

Why do I care??????

Of course you're not the only one. It happens to everyone. And you care because it feels like you're talking to yourself in a room full of people. I don't think it's immaturity, it's just that if you bother to start a thread you'd hope that others will be interested enough to join in. And even if you're just asking a simple question, it's nice to get feedback from at least a couple of people. There is almost no rhyme or reason to the way that it works. There could be so many different reasons why some threads seem to go unnoticed. Sometimes the subject line doesn't grab the reader's attention. Sometimes the people who happen to be online at that time don't have an answer for you, or they don't have time to answer or whatever.

But yeah, I know the feeling.... :toetap05:

see it slowly move down the page with no responses and no views??? it is kind of like being back in school and hoping someone notices you! OR rather doesn't notice you, but in this case notices you! :001_huh:

Just do what I do and begin answering yourself.;)

...and lately I've been thinking that maybe Mom2legomaniacs has "infected" me with the thread killer virus. (JK - Melissa!) Can't tell you how many threads I've contributed to lately that have left me feeling like a dummy -- through really no fault of any ONE...just because I'm lame enough that I can do that to myself -- because my reply seemed to bring a sudden end the thread.

We think too much, we women!:rofl:

DH was talking to me last night about feeling down, they're having a big inspection this week, he has LOTS to do at work AND at home, he fixes one thing then another breaks, blah blah blah. When he was done he said, "I sound like a woman!" :lol:

We are all a bit down in the dumps, I think we're overthinking the changes that are accompanying our big move.

...and lately I've been thinking that maybe Mom2legomaniacs has "infected" me with the thread killer virus. (JK - Melissa!) Can't tell you how many threads I've contributed to lately that have left me feeling like a dummy -- through really no fault of any ONE...just because I'm lame enough that I can do that to myself -- because my reply seemed to bring a sudden end the thread.

We think too much, we women!:rofl:

:001_tt2:

;) Yeah, well I have moved on to better things. Now I don't only kill threads that someone else started. I have the ability to kill my own threads. Yep, before they even get going. How? Well, because I started them, that's how. Yep, I am so bad at starting threads that I kill them before they are even viewed it seems. :D

(:confused: geesh, I really make no sense, do I)

I'm going to be altruistic and not let you kill this one...:D

Now I don't only kill threads that someone else started. I have the ability to kill my own threads. Yep, before they even get going. How? Well, because I started them, that's how. Yep, I am so bad at starting threads that I kill them before they are even viewed it seems.