Menu

Just got AAS in the mail!!!

KristenR

I cut mine all at once and got it over with. BUT, being new to the program I thought the blank red and blue tiles were just extras and tossed them, and then I had to make my own blank red and blue tiles later, which was a pain. Hopefully you're more clued-in than I was, but here's a heads-up just in case--you need the blank ones later on, so don't make the same mistake I did.

I cut mine all at once and got it over with. BUT, being new to the program I thought the blank red and blue tiles were just extras and tossed them, and then I had to make my own blank red and blue tiles later, which was a pain. Hopefully you're more clued-in than I was, but here's a heads-up just in case--you need the blank ones later on, so don't make the same mistake I did.

:iagree:I did this too.

I can top that. Today I finally had to dig out some of those tiles that were put away for future use and noticed two tiles that said "nb". At first I thought it was an odd consonant team and tried to think of a word that had "nb" in it. And then it dawned on me. I flipped the tiles upside-down and they suddenly became the "qu" tiles I've been missing for a year. :blushing:

:iagree:I did this too.

I can top that. Today I finally had to dig out some of those tiles that were put away for future use and noticed two tiles that said "nb". At first I thought it was an odd consonant team and tried to think of a word that had "nb" in it. And then it dawned on me. I flipped the tiles upside-down and they suddenly became the "qu" tiles I've been missing for a year. :blushing:

Glad it's not just me. :D

{happy dance}

But I must have missed the memo about having to cut and apply the magnet to each tile myself. Drats. Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Haha! That's funny because mine just came in the mail today and I have been cutting and attaching magnets off and on for a few hours. I did know about having to do it yourself though from previous mentioning of it.:001_smile:

Thanks everyone for the support. I was cracking up when I read the part about the qu. I'm glad I read it before I made the same mistake myself. :)

I was going to cut it all out last night but after spending so much time on WTM forum and brooding over math curriculum I decided to give myself a night off.

Now, I'm having a very late start to my day. But I am feeling a bit better with the little luxury of a "free night" I awarded myself. :)

ROFLOL!!!! I love mom moments like those. :lol:

I ordered AAS on Monday morning and the mailman just delivered it (Wed. afternoon). So I am about to get out the scissors and start cutting. Where are you putting the letter tiles once they are all cut and have magnets on them? In a ziplock baggie? We have a magnetic white board but my 2 year old also uses it for his animal magnets. Also I don't want to leave out the second page of sounds yet since we won't be needing them for a while. I ordered the Cobweb the Cat reader and it is adorable. I hope my ds likes it.

Jen

I ordered AAS on Monday morning and the mailman just delivered it (Wed. afternoon). So I am about to get out the scissors and start cutting. Where are you putting the letter tiles once they are all cut and have magnets on them? In a ziplock baggie? We have a magnetic white board but my 2 year old also uses it for his animal magnets. Also I don't want to leave out the second page of sounds yet since we won't be needing them for a while. I ordered the Cobweb the Cat reader and it is adorable. I hope my ds likes it.

Jen

Wow- yours came quick. I ordered mine and it literally felt like forever. I finally called AAS and they said that since my box was over 4 pounds they had to send it UPS. It was almost two weeks. It really didn't feel 4 pounds to me. All I got was the basic kit and the spelling box.

I will probably store the tiles in the ziploc bags like they suggest. I haven't picked up my board yet. I'm pricing those out. Some people on the forum suggested a cookie sheet or your fridge. I have been meaning to get a magnetic board anyway for our classroom and am hoping to use this program as the final justification for it. :)

:lol:

I ordered AAS on Monday morning and the mailman just delivered it (Wed. afternoon). So I am about to get out the scissors and start cutting. Where are you putting the letter tiles once they are all cut and have magnets on them? In a ziplock baggie?

I borrowed a large cookie sheet (jelly roll pan, I guess) from my kitchen for AAS. I kept the letters on it and stacked the rest of the supplies there (book, a folder for the progress chart & excess materials, card file). The pan wasn't wide enough to spread the letters out in one row, but it works fine with 2 rows of letters. I don't know how it'll be when we get all the tiles on there. I planned to find a different pan, hopefully a larger one, but haven't done that yet. I finally took my pan back because I needed it in the kitchen. So for now, the tiles are in a zip bag. Dd7 usually spells the words from the spelling lists orally. Moving the letter tiles was too slow and boring, I guess. I do use them when the book introduces new concepts. I do need to get back to looking for a larger pan.