Menu

Anybody else have an entire bin worth of toys under their couch?

UGH! We have hardwood floors throughout our entire house and one of my biggest peeves about it is that toys are constantly being brushed and lost under the couches (not on purpose, they seem to just slllliiiiiide under there). :glare: This never happened when we had carpet and it drives me bonkers because I have to wait until dh is home (and willing) to lift up the couches for the kids to crawl under and get all (the dust covered :glare:) toys out. Often toys will be searching for their beloved toys for days before we realized it has been sucked into the abyss that is underneath the couch. :banghead:

Does anybody have this problem? What can be done to remedy this?

UGH! We have hardwood floors throughout our entire house and one of my biggest peeves about it is that toys are constantly being brushed and lost under the couches (not on purpose, they seem to just slllliiiiiide under there). :glare: This never happened when we had carpet and it drives me bonkers because I have to wait until dh is home (and willing) to lift up the couches for the kids to crawl under and get all (the dust covered :glare:) toys out. Often toys will be searching for their beloved toys for days before we realized it has been sucked into the abyss that is underneath the couch. :banghead:

Does anybody have this problem? What can be done to remedy this?

We used to have this happen until we bought a rug. (It also cuts down on the dog fur tumbleweeds. :tongue_smilie:)

...and clothes, socks, shoes, hair accessories, dishes, and wrappers. Did I mention pencils and library books and school books? I don't know what can be done except ban the couch or ban the stuff that gets lost under there. :tongue_smilie:

Yes, scientists are going to work on this right after they solve the sock-eating dryer problem.

We used to have this happen until we bought a rug. (It also cuts down on the dog fur tumbleweeds. :tongue_smilie:)

gaah.gif Don't get me going on the pet fur tumbleweeds. Oy. I try to remind myself that if we had carpet it would all be buried in the fibers but some days, I wonder if that's such a bad thing after-all. :tongue_smilie:

...and clothes, socks, shoes, hair accessories, dishes, and wrappers. Did I mention pencils and library books and school books? I don't know what can be done except ban the couch or ban the stuff that gets lost under there. :tongue_smilie:

Oh yeah, all that stuff too. gaah.gif I lost my entire broom to the bottom of the couch one day. :001_huh: It took 2 hours of the kids and I looking for it before it turned up.

Oh yeah, all that stuff too. gaah.gif I lost my entire broom to the bottom of the couch one day. :001_huh: It took 2 hours of the kids and I looking for it before it turned up.

:lol::lol: I lost my hairbrush for days under there. It wasn't pretty. And sippy cups full of curdled milk. Toxic. sick0022.gif

Not toys, but dishes and rubbish. Ds15 has decided the couch is his and his alone and he sometimes won't shift for hours. If I ask him to clean the area surrounding him of dirty plates, cups and lolly wrappers, he is known to simply push them under the couch. Well, it gets me off his back until I notice!

I have carpet and every thing I mean EVERY THING gets lost under there. All kinda of things get lost under there. It's amazing. I've even thought of taking the legs of the furniture to prevent the land of the lost to continue! :)

When things go missing, and the kids notice, the older one tells me that it's time to lift the couches. UGH! I'm so tired of finding toys, clothing, socks, little man's shoes, hair brushes, pencils, my pens, notebooks, missing library books, cds, games, dvds, remotes, tennis balls, legos, wrappers, and all kinds of papers. When the kids were little, it was those milk filled sippy cups, juice bottles, and binkies galore! I don't miss those days at all! :)

You got to admit, it's nice to know our kids all do the same thing!! :)

The gap under our couch is very small so no toys or sippy cups fit under there -but it's the first place I look for lost library books and dvd's. Food wrappers and crumbs and plates fit too -despite the fact no one is supposed to be eating in the lounge room :glare:

My shoes are always getting lost that way--we have hardwood in almost the entire house.

I wouldn't wait for hubby to come home--I'd either get those sliders that you put on the bottoms of the legs of furniture so they can be more easily moved, or just use a broom horizontally to push stuff out. I'm terrible with routines, but maybe a routine "under the couch sweep" could be done on, say, Tuesdays and Fridays at your house.:001_smile:

My shoes are always getting lost that way--we have hardwood in almost the entire house.

I wouldn't wait for hubby to come home--I'd either get those sliders that you put on the bottoms of the legs of furniture so they can be more easily moved, or just use a broom horizontally to push stuff out. I'm terrible with routines, but maybe a routine "under the couch sweep" could be done on, say, Tuesdays and Fridays at your house.:001_smile:

See, I do this too- slide the couch out of the way, but it's like there's a magnet under there :glare: and when I slide the couch out of the way, all the stuff under it remains under it and slides across the room too. :glare: It's some sort of conspiracy. :tongue_smilie:

Funny, I never had this problem when we had carpet or if something got under there it was within arm's reach. Now the stuff seems to roll all the way to the back where I can't get it at all. Sigh. I do not like this. :tongue_smilie: