Menu

Math Mammoth is on sale now

wapiti

FYI

Math Mammoth February 2011 sale is here!

Use coupon FEBSALE at Kagi store to get 20% off of any download or CD. This includes the "bundle" products and Make It Real Learning downloads. The sale ends Friday February 25, 2011.

Please use these order pages:

For information about the books or CDs, go to www.MathMammoth.com first.

As concerning PRINTED COPIES, it just happens that Lulu has a "birthday" sale going on. Enter coupon code HAPPY305 at checkout at LULU and receive 20% off your order. The maximum savings for this offer is $100. This offer expires on February 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM. See all the details.

Purchase printed Math Mammoth books at Lulu

I heard that homeschool buyers co-op has a 40% in March. Do you know if this is true? If not, I would like to take advantage of the sale now.

They do have a big sale in March. Of course, I can't say if it will reach 40% this time or not, but there is one coming up. :)

What is the homeschool buyers co-op??

It is free to join, and they have great sales! Well worth joining.

I wondered the same thing re: the Math Mammoth sale. I definitely want it, but should I wait for next month and hope Homeschool Buyers Co-op's sale is better? (then there's part of me that doesn't mind paying a little more to someone who is creating fabulous homeschool curricula for us. After all, 20 percent is still a discount!)

Also, is there an advantage to getting the download over the printed copy? I don't mind printing out the pages myself -- do you get anything extra with the download vs the hard copy?

I heard that homeschool buyers co-op has a 40% in March. Do you know if this is true? If not, I would like to take advantage of the sale now.

It's typically dependent on numbers. The more people who buy into the group buy, the deeper the discount. The last time they ran the promotion (last March Madness) there were enough people signed up that MM was able to be purchased by all at 40% off. It's impossible to say whether they will have as many buyers (or how many they will require to hit that discount) this time. It's also dependent on what MM and HSBC set the deepest discount at.

My best guess, with how popular MM has been in the last few months, is that yes, you'll be able to get it at 40% off but that's just *my* best guess, and who am I? :001_huh:

I've already purchased MM but if I had to buy it, I'd hold out for the March sale. IIRC, Maria also holds several 20% off sales throughout the year so you should be able to get MM at 20% sometime in the summer.

If you're not in a hurry, I can't imagine that the group buy through HSBC would be any less than 20%.

IIRC, Maria also holds several 20% off sales throughout the year so you should be able to get MM at 20% sometime in the summer.

Yep! I got it 20% off from CurrClick when I first started last September, then I got the next grade up from Kagi for 20% off in November (Thanksgiving time). Now there's another sale, and I'm sure it will go on again in a couple months or so.

I'm planning to go ahead and get the whole set of grades 1-6 from HSBC in March though. It will be easier to just have it all on hand, especially if it ends up being close to $65 like it was last time, rather than waiting for the 20% off sales every once in a while.

What a conundrum! I've been waiting for the big discount to buy one of the packages, but I really want 1A ASAP!

For those who have done the co-op in the past... at what point do you actually get to download it? If it isn't until the end of March or early April, I may just go with the 20% now.

Also, is there an advantage to getting the download over the printed copy? I don't mind printing out the pages myself -- do you get anything extra with the download vs the hard copy?

There's some extra software, you have the option of printing only the pages you feel are necessary (or extra copies if needed), and you can use it for multiple kids at no additional expense.

I only need grade 4 and up. Does homeschool co-op (in the past) offer just the total package or do they offer individual grades?

They now have a 4-6 package (and 1-3) at the same discount as the 1-6 package :) Though I can't say what the co-op will include.

It won't be until after March. My best guess - first week in April.

I am holding out for March. Even if it doesn't reach 40% I'm thinking it will get under 20%. The "categories" last year were 20, 30 and 40%. So at a minimum you would get the 20%(if they run it the same.)

It's typically dependent on numbers. The more people who buy into the group buy, the deeper the discount. The last time they ran the promotion (last March Madness) there were enough people signed up that MM was able to be purchased by all at 40% off. It's impossible to say whether they will have as many buyers (or how many they will require to hit that discount) this time. It's also dependent on what MM and HSBC set the deepest discount at.

My best guess, with how popular MM has been in the last few months, is that yes, you'll be able to get it at 40% off but that's just *my* best guess, and who am I? :001_huh:

I've already purchased MM but if I had to buy it, I'd hold out for the March sale. IIRC, Maria also holds several 20% off sales throughout the year so you should be able to get MM at 20% sometime in the summer.

If you're not in a hurry, I can't imagine that the group buy through HSBC would be any less than 20%.

When I "joined" the MM site, Maria Miller emailed me that HSBC would be having a good sale in March, in addition to her personal sale now, so I imagine the discount will be pretty good.

The CD is not in color?...I planned to get the CD so I don't have to store all of that info on my computer...I can pop a CD into any computer when this one meets it's end...But being in black and white is a deal breaker for me...I have the downloads now and print them in color...

The CD would be the same as the download - it's just the PDF files.

For safe keeping, I put my PDFs on Google Docs, so if my computer dies or my house burns down, I have an off site backup that's easy to get.

The printed version from lulu is what is in black and white, not color. :)

The CD would be the same as the download - it's just the PDF files.

For safe keeping, I put my PDFs on Google Docs, so if my computer dies or my house burns down, I have an off site backup that's easy to get.

ha! ha! i am imagining my house burning down and telling the kids, "but we still have all of our curricula!"

I just ordered Mark Kistler online from the co-op and it doesn't end until February 28th. But I was able to access it right away.

Some let you have access right away, but for other programs, you have to wait until the end of the group buy before you get the product. I don't recall which way the MM promo ran.

Looks like the sale at Math Mammoth itself is ALSO for bundles, not individual grades. So there seems to be no way to get a sale price on a single grade level of MM. Since I haven't used it, I can't see paying for. Gr. 4-6 if I don't know if my son will even like it.

On the other hand I can't fault them for only giving discounts on the bigger purchases.