Menu

Hi! It's February. Say something nice.

No, but I want it! I wrote an essay at uni on the social effects of cash cropping and it was probably the most interesting thing ever in my whole life.

That does sound like an interesting topic.

Hm. Thread hijacking. Except we are supposed to be saying nice things and I really do think books about food are very nice things, in February or any other month.

:)

:iagree:

Books and food are nice. Unfortunately, I'm now allergic to most foods, but luckily, not most of my books, only the really old 1800's ones and I just have to keep them out of the bedroom.

It's also nice that we have such a great place to talk about books and food and things.

Ibbygirl is my best board buddy. That girl is tougher than she looks.

Rosie

Awww. :001_wub: You're my best board buddy too as you well know! My siggy says it all. lol Love you girl! :grouphug:

Remudamom makes me laugh & remember the value of rum & the better value of good people & the even better value of children, despite their stickiness.

Jean in Newcastle reminds me of Jane Austen. I think she must always know what's polite & proper.

Nestof3 is sweet & reminds me of a dear friend from highschool. She doesn't know how special she is.

MariannNOVA is who I'd stalk if I were a stalker, but I mean that in a nice way. She's SO nice, funny, & has the *best* taste in curric. Plus, she's got the hummer.

Rough Collie delivered 16yo triplets. She must always be remembered for that.

Nakia, when I think of the term "freak flag," I think of you. Hmmm...in a good way. Your courage & transparency...well, I figure you can get away w/ it because you're so beautiful. Breath-taking. But I think of your struggles & triumphs a lot.

Perry, if we ever end up in the plot of an apocalyptic movie, I want to be w/ you. You have the right combination of education, wisdom, & conspiracy theory for my taste.

Gardening Momma--you're so nice! Your posts are almost ethereal they're so free of human angst.

I love the rest of you, too. I've learned so much here that I was probably supposed to learn irl, but I'm smarter, braver, kinder, etc because of all of you.

Ay, Aubrey, I had to piggy back on so many of yours. I feel the same way and you wrote so much nicer than I ever could. I cannot tell you how many times I think of Nakia talking about "flying the freak flag a little higher" and chuckling to myself. hehehehe

Nakia you are an angel girl, but you're like the angels in the Bible that people don't recognize as angels right away because they look so human. You are an angel that is approachable, relate-able and real. You're the real deal girly. :grouphug:

Perry, I would definitely want to be hanging out with you in an emergency. You're knowledge and wisdom are such a great source of wealth for this community. I remember when the swine flu news frenzy was going on how you were such a calm voice of reason during that time that could easily have gotten hysterical.

Karyn- specialmama. You really really are special. You're like a sister to me not only in Christ, but in circumstances. You encourage me so much and I love, love, love your Canuck sense of humor. :grouphug:

I just want to say I love you all and I don't want to leave anyone out so consider yourselves all :grouphug:

I feel the same way. There are too many to name and you are all so special in so many ways. I often feel like I'm the dumbest person on these boards, but still I learn so much from you all and am a better person for having been on here.

I can't even possibly begin to name all of the people who make me laugh, make me think, make me cry, make me type in a manner that makes my dh ask "what are you typing so feverishly" when we're on the couch together, make me defend my position, make me think of jokes to lighten up threads gone bad and maybe get them back on track, to give me advice on phonics or doctors or teenagers day or night (and if not advice, at least offer me a mike's). Frankly, I just don't know what I would do without you all! This is my tenth year of homeschooling and this board has moved with me from Germany to NC to Hawaii and back to NC. I love you guys!

:grouphug: You said it so well Mrs. Mungo. So I pass the Patron to you and offer a cheer and a toast to all our beloved boardies. :cheers2:

and a special thank you to SWB for hosting this incredible site where we can all come as ourselves, wherever we are in our stages in life and swap ideas, and learn. It's amazing to me how I came on here to learn how to better home school my children, I never realized how much it would school me. Thank you all for that. :grouphug:

Edited by Ibbygirl

I just want to say I love you all and I don't want to leave anyone out so consider yourselves all :grouphug:

:iagree::iagree:

You are all so special to me....I could never name names...I would end up leaving someone out and then I would feel awful...and it is February....so most of us feel awful already....and the whole point of this awesome post was to make us all feel good! Sooooo....

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I love you all!!

Happy Happy.....Joy joy

Faithe

Oh my. I just don't even know what to say. I just mentioned on another thread that my love language is words of affirmation, and I've been feeling pretty needy lately, so this thread is like a breath of fresh air. Thank you all for your kind words. I am humbled.

I don't know if I can list everyone...well, heck I know I can't, but I want to name a few.

Heather in NC, you are a gem! I love your love for the Lord and your obedience to him.

Remudamom, I love the way you tell it like it is. And I'd really like to have you call some people for me sometimes, lol.

Audrey, Rosie, Taratheliberator, Mejane, Peela, Rose (dragons in the flower bed) and Mergath, I have learned so much from each of you. I have very different views than you all on many issues, but I have learned how to respect those with differing opinions largely in part because of your posts. Thank you!!

Also to Rosie, you take great photos, I don't care what you say! You are one of my WTM favs! :)

Ibbygirl, You are so precious to me!

Elegantlion, you have sent me so many words of encouragement. It means so much!

Kidshappen, you have been such a good friend to me during this last year. I would have been lost without you!

Aubrey, you might just be my favorite poster. I love your stories. And I love your realness.

Chris in VA, you inspire me. You always have the kindest posts.

Denise, what can I say? You are so very dear to me!!!

Mrs. Mungo and Jean, the board's voices of reason.

Mariann, you know what you mean to me. :) We are bonded forever.

Nestof3, you have the best hair ever!!!

Kathleen in VA, you are always always so kind and loving in your posts.

Parrothead, your posts always make me smile!

Astrid, you are a great friend. And I will never forget something you said to me in a post a few months back. I don't know if you remember, but I always will.

Nance, I love your posts! You make me laugh! And I'm patiently waiting for another round of funny WTM quotes. :)

Melissel, you did something beyond kind for me last year, and I will NEVER forget it.

justamouse, you rock!!! I love your posts.

And finally, my board bff, thatcyndigirl, you know how much I love you!! And I'm patiently waiting on your move to NC!!!

I know I forgot some of you. I love this place so much!!!!

Edited by Nakia

I just went back and reread all the posts in this thread, I agree with a pp: I miss hornblower. :(

:iagree::iagree: It's been ages since she's been around. Nest of 3 too I know has been AWOL, but I hear she has a good reason. :) Does anyone know where Hornblower has been?

I really appreciate the diversity of viewpoints, worldviews, and sensitivities. Having a better understanding of those who's opinions and ideas are so different then mine has helped me a great deal. I've learned more about that then anything, I think, even if sometimes, I don't show it! :D

But when it all comes down to it.....Ramudamom - I love you. :001_tt1:

Mariannova is my mentor!

So many make me happy, Imp and Rosie, and Jenn in Mi, and Parrothead, and MelanieM, and AuntieM, and, and, and, and.......

To all of the homeschool fathers out there, I'd like to say I love having you around the board. Even on the rare occasion that I disagree with one you, and it's fairly rare, I ALWAYS gain insight!

Hats off to the hive today! You've kept me going on a day in which I'd like to throw in the towel!

Faith

It's MY NAME!!! Thank you Faith! I always love to read your posts!!!

There are just so many of you that really inspire me and challenge me. Thank you!!!!

MarianninVA - I just gotta' say - I LOVE YOU!!!!! I'm sending my cabana boy over with a frozen drink. Oh - and he's bringing some warm weather and a pool too!!

Pqr is cool...but you all know that already ;)

Mariannnova always makes me laugh

Jean and Kathleen in va are so kind

Chris in va reminds me of a Titus 2 woman

redheadeddaughter writes really well...come back out of lurkdom!

johnandTinagilbert always make me want to give TOG another try (wait...maybe that's not a good thing :tongue_smilie:)

There are so many posters who are the polar opposite of me but whose interactions with their children remind me of how much we also have in common.

I cannot tell you how shocked I was to see such sweet comments!

I've been thinking about this thread for a few days. I started writing down names and qualities, and then I started freaking out because I am bad with names sometimes, and I just knew I was going to leave people out.

I can say that I really don't know what I would do without this board. I have received so very much truth, encouragement, and help from so VERY many of you. I really appreciate you.

I would like to just name one person not named yet. She is on the quieter side, but she is a local friend of mine, and I am just thrilled that I met her. It seems I could go on forever talking with her! So, here's to you, VBCaroline.

Laura Corin offers a very different perspective from my own in a way that sticks with me. Her words are some of those that stay with me for years & I find myself laying awake at night mulling. Like Alphabet Pam, almost.

I've learned a lot from the lovely ladies on this board.

Laura