Menu

When teen boys surprise us with maturity!

I know most of our threads regarding teen boys can be negative. We had a conversation with ours this weekend and they feel like all we address are their negative behaviors. You moms have posted enough stuff about how irritating teen boys can be;) I know mine can get mouthy, forgetful and day dream to much.

So I just wanted to praise my teens boys 17 and 14. I attended an all day conference yesterday with my DH.

When we returned home they had completed all their school work. Yeah!

But also did the laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, and swept and mopped the floors.:D

I came home to such a nice, clean smelling home.

I am so proud they took the initiative on their own. They usually do house work with me but its always when I say its house cleaning day. Its just so great they took the initiative and did it all own their own.

If your teen boys have been really getting on your nerves lately find something positive to post.

Ds (17) often makes time for his little brothers, who hold him in high regard.

It's one of my favorite scenes to see~the three of them running around the house swordfighting, shooting nerf guns, etc.

Ds shocked me when he used some Christmas money he received to buy the little boys "cool jackets" he felt they just had to have.

Can I play even though DS is only 12 1/2? If not just skip mine. :)

Luke is in PS this year for the first time. Every day when he comes home from school he does the following:

1. Eats like he's going to the electric chair.

2. Tells me about his day from start to finish, without any prompting from me.

3. Does his homework, again without prompting. I have not once, during this entire school year, told him to do his homework. In fact, I have told him to put the homework down and go play a bit before it's too late to go outside.

4. Practices his bass for orchestra.

I'm blown away by how seriously he is taking school and how how responsible he is for himself. He's always been a very easy kid to have around, but I'm seeing a side of him that is really blowing me away now!

It's one of my favorite scenes to see~the three of them running around the house swordfighting, shooting nerf guns, etc.

Ds shocked me when he used some Christmas money he received to buy the little boys "cool jackets" he felt they just had to have.

This is the special blessing of having the large age spread between the kid that I was not expecing. It's awesome, isn't it?

:001_smile:When my kids were little, I was wary of the teen years, not beucase of my own teens years, but because too many people loved to tell horror stories. I have been enjoying my teens. My often ds cooks dinner on nights I have to take my youngest to ballet practice. I never aksed him to do this, he just started doing it. I fnd my dd a huge help as well. One is well out of the teens years; there were very few issues, and none of them terrible.

So. Yeah, teens! :iagree: KNOCK WOOD, since I'm not done yet. lol Lalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Edited by LibraryLover

DS1 looked out the window and saw I couldn't get the car door open (it was frozen closed). He put on boots, came outside and opened the car door, retrieved the stick thing to clean off the car, and cleaned 6" snow off the car and scraped the ice off. This is a big job because I have an SUV and all the snow had to be off the roof. He volunteered!

Then I tootled up the driveway, got stuck, probably tore off the passenger side mirror on a tree as I slid down the driveway, and abandoned the vehicle.

Oh how sweet!

My sweet 13.5 yo is always thinking of others. I just had to more or less make him eat some ice cream (It was the last.). He was bummed I wasn't going to get any, and really wanted me to have it, but he sure needs the calories more than I do!

It's all good though--he reminded me I had some Mike's in the fridge. :D

He's also an excellent shoveler of snow, fetcher of snacks in cabinets too high for younger siblings (and meals for everyone when I'm out) and looks after our seven hens very well.

I subbed today for our Precept Isaiah class.....

I left my 14 ds home with his school list and some chores. He had done all of them by the time I got home and even asked how the class went!! I got several spontaneous hugs and kisses from him and we didn't have any meltdowns when we checked the algebra. That's a change for the better. Besides that, he's darn cute. He's my joy boy. :)