Menu

MFW Adv. or HOD Beyond? That is the question!

Sue G in PA

Like there is no perfect church, for me, there is no perfect curriculum. :D Oh but how I wish there was! For years now I have eyed MFW Adv. I couldn't wait to use it with ONE of my dc...just ONE! Then, I found HOD. And I love HOD. I really, really do. So much of it appeals to me (everything from the visual appeal of the Guide's layout to the content of the curriculum itself). I have found some parts I do not care for...as I do with every curriculum I use. :tongue_smilie: After using LHFHG his year, I found that the dramatic play and Geography songs and some of the games, etc. weren't my cup of tea. I usually skipped them. Found it a bit "babyish" for my 5yo and 7yo. Well, let's fast-forward to next year when I will have an advanced 6yo and a "likes to take his time" 8yo. :D Adventures would work very well for both of them. I can finally use it! But wait...HOD Beyond is calling to me! And I can't choose. I go from one website to the next, looking at the same blessed samples night after night, not coming any closer to a decision. :confused: So, I am here...asking for advice and opinions. If you have used either or both, could you please tell me what you liked and disliked about both. Please be honest. If you could compare the 2 from experience...that would be an added bonus! :D FWIW...I will have a 10th grader using MFW, an 8th and 6th grader using HOD RtR (most likely), and 10yo finishing up HOD Preparing. There is just something about MFW Adv. that is just drawing me in... Thanks everyone!

Btdt! ADV was too repetitive. Same worksheet, different state. disjointed a bit as it includes great Bible study but it's got a tacked on feel to me.

Beyond was fun, had a routine but not repetitive. Loads of fun learning, perfect balance to our day, and I just love the connections from one subject to the next. Bible is wonderfully woven in. There's so much good I could say about it! I would vote for Beyond!!

My son will be 7 in April. I'm also having a hard time deciding between the two programs. I like that the language arts lessons and copywork are written into the Beyond manual. I also like the poetry studies and the lessons on the 9 different genres of books for storytime. It gives you flexibilty in choosing the titles for the storytimes.

MFW Adventures also looks like a fun program also. The book basket sounds neat, but I have read many reviews about people not liking the repetition of the states study. The names of Jesus lessons look interesting also.

I'm right there with you, Sue. I just finished drawing up my HOD, SL, and MFW pros/cons lists. I couldn't be more confused. Have you considered meshing Adventures with Beyond? That is what I am considering doing. I would use Beyond for history, geography, poetry, math, emerging readers, and storytime (I believe all the Adventures read-alouds are included in HOD at one point or another). I would use Adv. for science, bible study, music (my daughter really wants to do the Nutcracker study), art, and the state study. I plan to use AAS instead of Beyond's spelling. And I plan to use ARFH so may not do the copywork in Beyond. I like the scripture CD in HOD and since MFW doesn't have that, I might do the HOD scripture. If I feel up to it, I might add in the HOD art and science, but wouldn't feel like I had too, just if it looks interesting. And I'd leave the history project open, too. I might try to add in some of the info. in the second history book in Adv. if it's not too much trouble to line it up. I think that covers everything. Anyway, this is what I am considering. Then I might do Bigger and then ECC. At that point I would have a better feel for HOD and MFW and could decide which way to go the next year. I wanted to give us an extra year before Preparing, anyway. HTH!

I have not used Adventures, but did look into it quite a bit before deciding on using Beyond. My ds and I are really loving Beyond this year. He has really enjoyed all of the History books, storytime books, and the projects. The science is a bit light but my dh does Apologia with ds in the evenings so I don't mind. The only part he does not enjoy is the copywork, but that has nothing to do with HOD:lol:. Ds has also really liked the emergent reader set, and is actually loving to read now:001_smile:!

I used Beyond for a few months...it had a 5 day schedule and we needed a 4 day schedule, that turned out to be too much work. After a few weeks, we stopped using the guide and were just reading through the main books, missing out on a few things that we had enjoyed, but it was too hard to use the guide with our schedule.

The two programs share some of the main books, we switched to Adventures and are enjoying it, we didn't have to buy the whole program. (Especially since I already own a lot of books and had almost all the read alouds!)

My daughter loves the state sheets and she usually doesn't like repetition, she just likes them for some reason!

MFW is much easier to tweak, it's scheduled for 4 days, and I like how it is all laid out on one page. Also, I am now able to trade off one day a week with a neighbor who uses Adventures and that is a nice break for both of us on our weeks off, and the kids enjoy their day together.

My children are also enjoying the crafts and the occasional art project. They are all fairly simple and non-messy, I'm enjoying that part!

I have not used MFW Adventures either (like you, have always wanted to and then discovered HOD). The two things you mentioned: the dramatic play & the geography songs are not found in Beyond. Instead there is poetry and geography lessons. If it is an option try to get your hands on both manuals and compare them side by side.

It's too bad you can't get your hands on both, to compare!

We have been doing Adventures, and really like it. My dc love the bible portion, and doing a Jesus poster. They tie the bible & science together, which is really neat. IMO, the science is better in Adv., and most of the crafts are as well.

Okay, I'm a bit disjointed here, but I'm thinking as I go along.:001_smile: I guess if I had a little bit younger dc, I would choose Beyond. My dc did like the verses on the cd & the motions, and the geography is very gentle & low key. But..... We have already done lots of things with geography and my dc are really interested in it, and MFW does more mapping & things. There is more notebooking in Adv. The LA is very gentle in Beyond, and if you just want an intro. to LA, it would be good. We've covered most of it already, though.

I am going to try to combine the 2 for the rest of this year. We're on week 7 of Adv., which works out to Unit 20 of Beyond. I am going to add Beyond's storytime in, the poetry & copywork, bible and math. Even though the science is very light in Beyond, I think I will add it in, because my dc enjoy science and it goes along with the reading.

This probably doesn't help when you're trying to choose between the two, but it's my plan.:D

I agree, it would be really great if you could get your hands on both manuals and compare! We're doing Beyond right now and I really like it. I have also looked at Adventues extensively, lol, and have even thought about doing Adv. next year instead of Bigger.

The feeling I get is that Adv. is a complete study of American history in that it has a good balance of covering events and people. Beyond really focuses more on events and we have spent a great deal of time learning about the pilgrims. Beyond has been very detailed so far with the pilgrims. I'm not saying that's good or bad...it just is. :) I kind of feel like Beyond isn't really a complete US history program since there isn't a lot of coverage on people. To make it complete, you really should continue on with Bigger the following year since Bigger really focuses on people. Does that make sense? That's just my take. :)

Beyond is more "grown-up" than LHFHG. There aren't the geography songs and little dramatic plays. There is daily poetry and there is a rotating box that has science 2x/week, art 1x/week, geography 1/xweek, and history activity (which is often working on the timeline) 1x/week.

HTH and good luck deciding! I know it's tough! :)

My friend who used Adv. convinced me to use it next year with my little. She absolutely loved it with her kids (not so muuch the ECC this year, though). I am using Adv. with my dd who will be in 1st and using SL 3+4 with my ds who will be in 5th. I am very excited about the two programs! Also, do you have to do the state sheets for every state? You could do the notebooking sheets for a few, a travel brouchure for some, a travel poster for some, a creative story about an historical figure from the state, a report explaining the history of the flag for some, report on the 3 most popular birds...the list could go on! Oh, and I wouldn't even buy the state sheets (which I didn't). You can just use the ones that Paige (from Elemental Science) has on her yahoo group. Her's look great and have a place for the flag, seal, quarter and she includes the pictures for each, and they're FREE!

Oh, and we will also be using Trail Guide to American Geography with my older and maybe the younger also, just to be consistent. I'm not sure how I'm going to meld these three programs together, but I'm going to give it the old college try!!!:001_smile:

I hope you can get to a convention to see them both.

Used parts of ADV one summer to do the Bible and Science. We did the history in the year when we did EX1850.

Loved the unit study approach with Bible and Science tied together on the names of Jesus so that we could see God even in science. So that was cool for us.

when we did the state study in EX1850/1850MOD, we didn't mind the same structure with the sheets. They weren't the main focus to us as much as a time to do the bird and flag and flower and then read parts of the sheet. So, after that was done (doesn't take long), those sheets became decoration in the dining room for the day while we looked online at touristy stuff for each state. So the sheets were our guide instead of us a slave to them. Mileage with always vary on that and I realize what I do is what I do and doesn't work for others.

History in ADV: it helps to remember it is an overview to hang info in pegs for much later study. I had problems with selected sentences in the Exploring American History/aka Story of US. I found it easy to deal with a sentence here and there even when I didn't like the style or glossy effect of the sentence. (The one that gets each time is about Thomas Jefferson and slaves liking him. I just leave it out when I read it and say he owned slaves.) So it's that kind of thing that gets me. Not a huge dislike, but a small road bump.

It is not geared to be a long school day for 2nd grader. I like that.

I'm zero help on HOD. never used it.

Look for what is doable in your household with the time of day you have to spend. Is library usage a problem for you? Are hands on science experiments an issue? what about crafts? You might consider reading through the ADV ideas section of mfw's board to see how different things work in MFW users homes. That might give a different perspective on crafts. sometimes even with pictures.

http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewforum.php?f=24

It may come down to what is easier to tweak for your real world needs? or how can things that are repetitive in any program be tweaked when you get tired of it (that applies to what you mentioned in HOD as well as what was mentioned in ADV)

(((hugs))) there's really no wrong answer is there?

-crystal

Oh, and I wouldn't even buy the state sheets (which I didn't). You can just use the ones that Paige (from Elemental Science) has on her yahoo group. Her's look great and have a place for the flag, seal, quarter and she includes the pictures for each, and they're FREE!

:001_smile:

What is the name of the Yahoo Group???

Was hoping you'd chime in here, Crystal! :D You know I covet your advice and suggestions even if i don't end up using it all, lol. So, you know from previous experience with me and curriculum that I am a hopper. :tongue_smilie: Always trying to find the perfect fit. I can almost see how Adventures "might" not be a good fit for my 6yo and 8yo. Both are about at the same level academically and neither are ready for the amount of notebooking that seems is required in Adv. I'm checking into that more, though. And Crystal, if you can advise...how much writing IS required? HOD Beyond seems a bit more "gentle"? I think that is what they need. I'm hoping and praying to get my hands on an Adv. Manual so that I can compare. I have so many of the books for Adv. already. My tentative plan is to use Beyond as is and add in some of the great books scheduled in Adv. If I can find a manual cheap enough or even borrow one :001_smile: I might add more or substitute more. I'm even considering using Adv. the NEXT year when dc are a bit older and more capable of the work. Ds8 will be in 3rd next year but is more like a 2nd grader academically (except for math). Dd6 is in K but more like a 1st grader academically. Thanks everyone! Any more opinions?

We used Adventures last year, and we simply loved it. We had a wonderful year, and my girls (ages 5 & 7) learned SO much!

They enjoyed the state sheets and did not find them to be boring. They liked coloring the birds & flowers and reading the fun facts on the back of each sheet. I read a book about each state while they colored (we liked the Ann Heinrich series).

They also especially enjoyed the bird study and have retained a huge appreciation of birds as a result.

You asked about the writing portion. Basically, MFW instructs you to do a short notebook page at the end of various units. If I remember correctly, this type of page is scheduled every 1 or 2 weeks. So for example, when finishing a study on George Washington, the children are supposed to narrate to you about George Washington. What I did was to lead this as a discussion with my girls and help them formulate a summary by writing their ideas on a white board. Once we had created a coherent summary, my 7 year old copied it for her notebook page, and I copied it for the 5 year old's page. Both girls then illustrated their pages. This worked very well for us.

I personally like the grid format of MFW's teacher manuals, and I like the way they use elements of classical, CM and unit study styles. In Adventures, I enjoyed seeing the way MFW scheduled science topics which related to the names of Jesus and in some cases the history topic being studied.

We all enjoyed Adventures and hated to see it end. In fact, my oldest daughter cried when she realized that we were about finished with it. We are enjoying ECC now.

I hope that something in this is helpful. I have never used HOD, so I cannot comment on that. I hope that you will find God's peace as you make your decision. I understand feeling torn between two options!!!

Lynne

Was hoping you'd chime in here, Crystal! :D You know I covet your advice and suggestions even if i don't end up using it all, lol. So, you know from previous experience with me and curriculum that I am a hopper. :tongue_smilie: Always trying to find the perfect fit. I can almost see how Adventures "might" not be a good fit for my 6yo and 8yo. Both are about at the same level academically and neither are ready for the amount of notebooking that seems is required in Adv. I'm checking into that more, though. And Crystal, if you can advise...how much writing IS required? HOD Beyond seems a bit more "gentle"? I think that is what they need. I'm hoping and praying to get my hands on an Adv. Manual so that I can compare. I have so many of the books for Adv. already. My tentative plan is to use Beyond as is and add in some of the great books scheduled in Adv. If I can find a manual cheap enough or even borrow one :001_smile: I might add more or substitute more. I'm even considering using Adv. the NEXT year when dc are a bit older and more capable of the work. Ds8 will be in 3rd next year but is more like a 2nd grader academically (except for math). Dd6 is in K but more like a 1st grader academically. Thanks everyone! Any more opinions?

Not Crystal, but until she gets back... The Student Sheets vary in content... it's not a lot of "meticulous" work, per se. There are coloring sheets, narration sheets, flags and the state sheets of course, symbols for the Jesus poster, maps, an animal memory game, copies of some of the patriotic songs (and Pledge of Allegiance) that are part of the Adventures study, science sheets, etc. Lot of variety which can be done most 6 and 8yo's.

When we did Adventures, I had a then-10yo (beefed it up for her... she hadn't had American yet and EX1850 wasn't out yet), a 7yo, and a 3yo. Everything was perfectly suited to the 7yo's abilities. For the 3yo, she had her own 1/2 inch 3-ring binder with the coloring pages from the Appendix pages (at that time they were in the back of the TM and state sheets were separate), and sometimes she used stickers and just "played along", but loved being part of the group. She even did some of the mapwork, crudely colored in her own way. :tongue_smilie: But she was 3. A 6yo would be able to do much more than she did. You do whatever's age appropriate for the child.

As for language arts (CM style), MFW recommends PLL which includes all those LA skills such as picture study, memorization, copywork, dictation, and narrations. I would just have the 8yo doing PLL at this point, not the 6yo. Unless of course you go with a completely different LA program, which is fine, too. (Each child always does math and LA at their own level no matter what age they are, or what year you're doing, so that part's the same as HOD.) There's a place on the weekly grid to write in whatever math and LA your child is doing, but if you go with MFW recommendations, instructions are at the front of the manual. Basically it's just "do the next thing"... but Marie does describe specifically how to use PLL in the context of MFW lessons.

As to the amount of writing, it's primarily copywork at this level. If you have a non-writer, you can have the child dictate his comments to you, and you write them down for him. And when it calls for doing an illustration (rare but occasional), I'd have my non-writing child either use stickers, do a tracing, cut-and-paste a picture from a magazine, or print off a coloring sheet from the internet. So it's all very flexible for different abilities, and everyone gets to be included at their own level. :001_smile:

About the repetition of the states.... Someone else brought this up on the MFW board the other day. Here's a link to my response: http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10360#p70104

And this from farther down in the thread: Adventures is a one-year "overview" of American history & geography, patriotic songs and symbols, the names and characteristics of Jesus, science topics relating to the names of Jesus (plus the bird study), all of which are fun and age-appropriate for younger children. And part of that is an introduction to the 50 states in the child's home country. Expl-1850 and 1850-Modern go much more in-depth and are spread over two years, but also include many topics that are pretty heavy for 2nd grader such as world wars, Communism, the Holocaust, etc. Adventures, however, wraps up a 3-year "cycle" of K-2nd grade before jumping into MFW's unique 5-year cycle that starts with ECC.

HTH! :)

Guest Cindie2dds

We are enjoying Adventures. My daughter thrives on repetition, so that's actually a plus for me. I am looking forward to making each state its own with field trips, library books, websites, etc.

For the record, I bought the guide specifically for the state study focus since my dd is very interested in the states right now. I was only going to use it for history I was so impressed, I scrapped everything else and am now solely doing MFW.

I can see it being much easier to combine (for me) than Beyond (the daily guide format was too restrictive for me). I use the MFW guide as my planner since the math, spelling and reading are left blank to be filled in by me. There are extensive notes after the weekly grid explaining the daily objectives and instruction.

Of course, it's all about what clicks with you and your kids. I tried to make HOD work, twice. I really wanted it to work, but it's just not "us." Don't think you could go wrong with either program. :)

Awesome...thanks so much ladies! Now can you make up my mind for me? :tongue_smilie: My dh would flip if I tried both but that is where I am leaning! I like the idea of combining. Donna, you said you beefed it up for a 10yo. How did you do that? I have a 9yo (10 in May) who is doing HOD Preparing this year and it seems to be just a bit difficult for him. He's my challenge child, remember? ;) I was considering putting him in Adv. with the 8yo and 6yo next year. I'm not certain I would have to beef up much since he is so immature academically (very, very bright, just a bit, umm...lazy?). I'd love to know what you did! 8yo is still doing phonics...very "behind". 6yo is at the same level, if not a bit ahead of 8yo. I like how HOD gently introduces LA w/out using a curriculum. Oh ugh. I need to find a used manual! :D

I switched from HOD to MFW.

Got a little burnted out with doing HOD for four years. They are close in topics so I went with MFW for this year and next year. My oldest really enjoyed Bigger and Preparing. We are on the end of MFW ECC and she wants to continue with MFWs for next year. MFW is easier to bring everyone together. I have two guides instead of three. Easier to combine for me.

I think they are both good curriculums. I use different math/LA suggestions if you do the same you could just switch. one year HOD and another MFW and back to HOD. I personally cannot handle more than one curriculum in my home. I.E. 2 maths, two histories. My oldest is doing extra science but it's because she really enjoys science and it's read and notebooking nothing major.

Awesome...thanks so much ladies! Now can you make up my mind for me? :tongue_smilie: My dh would flip if I tried both but that is where I am leaning! I like the idea of combining. Donna, you said you beefed it up for a 10yo. How did you do that? I have a 9yo (10 in May) who is doing HOD Preparing this year and it seems to be just a bit difficult for him. He's my challenge child, remember? ;) I was considering putting him in Adv. with the 8yo and 6yo next year. I'm not certain I would have to beef up much since he is so immature academically (very, very bright, just a bit, umm...lazy?). I'd love to know what you did! 8yo is still doing phonics...very "behind". 6yo is at the same level, if not a bit ahead of 8yo. I like how HOD gently introduces LA w/out using a curriculum. Oh ugh. I need to find a used manual! :D

Well, one way to beef it up is from Book Basket selections. There's a lot of variety there from which to choose, both in books and videos, so that was easy. Not only did she read freely from the choices I'd brought home from the library, but occasionally I would "assign" her extra reading such as a biography and then have her do a written (typed) narration for it. (Actually, I've continued to do this occasionally through the years, but there seemed to be more opportunity for it -- esp since I was "beefing up" for a 10yo -- in Adventures.)

I would also pull colorful non-fiction and picture books from the list, put them in a pile on the table, and have dd go through them to find information that she didn't already know about the topic we were studying, then have her do a notebook page for it. This notebook page could be in any form she wanted it to be. (I've had both older girls do this occasionally, in fact). It could be a written narration, an illustration, tracing a picture from a book, a coloring page, whatever. If they wanted to, they could also do something hands-on with clay, a wall poster, a diorama... but they (esp oldest) like doing notebook pages, so that's always what it is. MFW schedules enough hands-on projects to fill that need, anyway.

For my girl who has sensory issues, I don't make her do any hands-on projects that she seems appalled by. Youngest still needs a lot of help with fine motor stuff (she's 8 but has had some learning delays), so if she wants to do a project, one of us will help her with it, but if not, then no big deal.

Mapwork... oldest has always added more detail to her maps than the others. Lengthier books, lengthier narrations, more detail, longer copywork and memorization passages... it's just "more". The same, but more. :001_smile: (Keep in mind, too, that your 10yo is probably already doing more in math and LA, so it may not be necessary to add more in Bible, history and science, kwim? Gage it by the child....)

Hi Sue.

reading this with my name in there and thinking, but the others said it well. not sure I could add more.

I just came from teaching my exercise class.... brain can't think right now.

I'm going to go get water, living water.. and water water...

:lol:

-crystal

There is not that much note booking in adventures. And, they can write as little or as much as they want to. My 5 year old writes his name and dictates a sentence or two that I write for him. When I combine with our neighbors, the 2nd grader writes 2 to 3 sentences and the 3rd graders write 3 to 5 sentences. There is a note booking activity maybe once every 3 weeks on average. Also, there is usually a thing to color on that page or a spot for a picture, my 5 year old draws and colors. (He actually can draw better than me, they got their artistic talent from the other side of the family!)

Thank you EVERYONE for such thoughtful responses and detailed comparisons/reviews. It's not easy, is it? :D Crystal, I was just saying thanks b/c you do have a ton of experience with MFW and placement issues and such...you've always been a big help to me. :D I knew HOD would be at the Northeast Conf but didn't realize MFW would be there, too! YIPPEE! I will be able to compare and hopefully make a firm decision.

Sue, my oldest used LHFHG last year for 1st grade and there were a few areas he found "babyish" too. The dramatic play and rhymes mostly. He would have enjoyed those for K, not 1st. However, my youngest son is using LHFHG for 1st grade this year and he is really enjoying everything. I think his personality is more suited for it.

Beyond is definitely more "grown-up", as a pp already said. My oldest is using it for 2nd grade and loves everything about it. I have a few issues, but overall, it is a wonderful program. My issues are:

The science, God's Wonderful Works by CLP. We enjoy certain aspects of this, but not all. I've ordered BFSU to use instead.

The history readings are usually short. This is my son's favorite part of the day and often the daily readings are not long enough for him. Since we're Canadians, we add in Canadian history too and that appeases him.

I love the weekly Bible verses (and the discussions we've had about them), the poetry, the "rotating box", the Language Arts, the Emerging Readers (and we've just jumped into DITHOR), the storytime selections, the music, and the devotional.

I think getting your hands on both Beyond and Adventures at a convention would enable you to make the best decision for your boys. And like a pp suggested, why not use what you like from both programs!

And like a pp suggested, why not use what you like from both programs!

Well, I've tried this and it ended up being a crazy nightmare! :lol: If I only had one child, it would've been great, but between having 3 very different children + their individual 3 R's + outside activities + church, etc. etc., I'm pulled in too many different directions to combine programs and I just felt stressed all the time. :001_huh:

I love the IDEA of combining the best of both, though! ;) It just didn't work for me to do that.

Combining both "too much" would make me crazy! I've tried combining other programs before and went insane. So...if I go with HOD I would probably just use some of the books from MFW....not the guide itself. And, if I go with MFW...I'd just use it alone and use Bigger Hearts the next year. As you can see I am still waffling. :D

Hi Sue! We're a MFW family using Adventures this year, and my kids and I are really enjoying it and learning so much! Even my 4yo who plays nearby while we do school said something about "George Washington's Revolutionary War" the other day! :001_smile:

I hesitated to reply because you've already received so many responses, but I just wanted to chime in briefly with a couple of thoughts.

The feeling I get is that Adv. is a complete study of American history in that it has a good balance of covering events and people.

I don't know that I'd say it's a "complete" study of American history because it is written for younger children, so much of our nation's history that's difficult to explain to a young child (slavery, the Holocaust, the World Wars, etc.) isn't touched on just yet. But it is complete in the sense that it starts with exploration, moves into settlements, then Colonial America, the Revolutionary War, etc. And in addition to events and people, which I think MFW does a great job of covering, they just help the kids to have an overall sense of patriotism. They learn tons of patriotic songs and really focus on the lyrics to them, they learn what it means when they pledge allegiance to the flag, etc.

Also, do you have to do the state sheets for every state? You could do the notebooking sheets for a few, a travel brouchure for some, a travel poster for some, a creative story about an historical figure from the state, a report explaining the history of the flag for some, report on the 3 most popular birds...the list could go on!

Agreed! We happen to be a family that uses it pretty much the way it's written. (Call me lazy, but I'd rather have some free time than sit around re-inventing the wheel! :tongue_smilie:) BUT for families who feel like the state sheets are a little redundant, you can always try some of Irishmommy's ideas. Or just have your dc read a good selection of fiction and non-fiction books about each particular state. (There are lots of great books recommended in the back of the TM.) One thing to think about, though ... sometimes I think we project how *we* would feel about an assignment onto our kids. Well, sure, it would be boring for *us* to write the capitals and abbreviations because we already know that! But they're really processing a LOT of info when they fill in those sheets. They're learning for the first time about the postal abbreviations for each state, what the names of the capitals are, how they're spelled, what the motto of each state is, what the motto means, plus they're really paying close attention to the flower and bird because they're coloring it to look like the real deal. To me, it's valuable to have them look at the details of God's creation like that. To others, it may not be so important.

I blog about our school each week if you'd like to have a better idea of what it's like in reality verses in the handful of sample TM pages that are available online. (There's a link to my blog in my signature. Click on Adventures in MFW under my labels.) There are several other wonderful ladies who blog weekly, as well. You can visit the 2010-2011 My Father's World Blogroll for links to their blogs if you're interested.

I don't think you'll go wrong either way. From what I understand, they're both great programs! Just wanted to give you a little more insight into MFW! :001_smile: