Menu

Am I the only to check the mail twice since returning frustrated from the library?

:glare: Well, luckily I realized that everything was closed BEFORE heading out today, but of course I had already told DD yesterday that we'd be going to the library. Plus I had FINALLY found the second ID I needed to get a post office box (my voter registration card), and need to have some things mailed to me. I was hoping to get that taken care of today.

Tomorrow will just be extra busy, we have a lot to do now!

Don't feel too bad. I have checked the mail twice on the same holiday (it was Columbus Day in that case) only to realize both times that it was a holiday and there would be no mail. Thing is, my dh is a mailman and he was home for the holiday that day. :D

ETA: Oddly, our library is open today. It's things like that that throw me off. Library open, but no mail.

No, lol, you aren't alone. :) I did that New Year's Day, it was around the 4th trip to check the mailbox that if finally dawned on me that there was no mail.

And I agree with Kathleen in VA, it really throws me when certain offices/departments are closed on holidays but others are open, i.e. our city hall is closed but departments within the city offices are open. Also, in one town around here the elementary schools are closed but the middle schools and high schools are open. Go figure!

Our trash/recycling is sitting on the curb waiting on a pick up that won't happen because of the holiday. :001_smile:

This is one of the services in our city that is not being interrupted by the holiday. You can't go pay your water bill, but the garbage will be picked up on regular schedule.

Don't feel too bad. I have checked the mail twice on the same holiday (it was Columbus Day in that case) only to realize both times that it was a holiday and there would be no mail. Thing is, my dh is a mailman and he was home for the holiday that day. :D

ETA: Oddly, our library is open today. It's things like that that throw me off. Library open, but no mail.

Your library is open??????? :auto:

Our library is open too. We are getting ready to go to storytime right now. They made the decision to stay open *most* federal holidays, so people who otherwise can't go, may be able to on a federal holiday.

And, they picked up our trash today. I told DH not to put it out, because they wouldn't pick it up. I was wrong.