Menu

The hairstylist did a terrible job of cutting my hair!

So I decided to change my hairstyle and go for a look with nice long layers and a nice side-bang. I have really long hair, and it used to reach down to my waste but now it only reaches mid stomach! I explained to the hairstylist what I wanted and I even had a picture to go with it, but the layers are barely noticable and nothing really has changed. None of my friends even notice I had gotten a haircut, and neither did I at first. But I don't want to go back and get it redone because they will only cut off more of my hair, and I love my long hair!

The hairstylist didn't really listen that well and she really just wanted to chop off my hair, she said I would look great with it chest length and I flipped out on the inside. I said I just wanted to keep my length but have nice long layers, but that didn't work. Now I have to wait for about 6 or more months for my hair to grow back to its normal length, and then get it styled the way I want it!

Has this ever happened to you? What did you do about it?

This has happened to me, but much worse. I explained I wanted to keep most of my length and the guy doing my hair took the scissors and chopped right above my shoulders!!! My hair was down to my butt! I was mortified. There was nothing I could do except let it grow back (which I did).

Your situation doesn't sound that bad. Did you mow the hairdresser? What about getting a recommendation from a friend or relative to find out where you can go to have it fixed? I would be scared to go back to the same person, but someone that you know is good and knows what they are doing could most likely fix it.

My last haircut was too short, I hated it! Now that it has grown out, it is better.

After I left the salon, I went straight to the Vitamin Shoppe and bought Futurebiotics Hair Skin and Nails supplements, and began taking them faithfully. I know that they worked because I would shave my legs and then get a five 0'clock shadow! :D

You have all of my sympathy. May I gently suggest a baseball hat until you can stand to look at your locks again?:grouphug:

My last haircut was too short, I hated it! Now that it has grown out, it is better.

After I left the salon, I went straight to the Vitamin Shoppe and bought Futurebiotics Hair Skin and Nails supplements, and began taking them faithfully. I know that they worked because I would shave my legs and then get a five 0'clock shadow! :D

You have all of my sympathy. May I gently suggest a baseball hat until you can stand to look at your locks again?:grouphug:

I have done this too! It does work. My hair grew so quickly that people would actually comment on it!

I would let the owner and manager of the salon know that you are not happy with the cut. They need to know.

:iagree:

A good salon will guarantee satisfaction with the cut for a few days--under a week, but more than one day. Call back the salon and ask what their satisfaction guarantee policy is.:grouphug:

My daughter has very long hair as well. As long as yours. She had the same problem a year ago. Just the other day we visited a hairdresser and she explained that long layers are not really noticeable on really long hair. So my daughter got it cut to her bra strap. You can tell she has layers now. The only thing is that her hair is so thin now she doesn't really love it.

I wanted a "wave" added to my hair to give my hair some body. Well, I got a 1980's perm on my head and now I am wondering what to do with it until it grows out!!!! I am too embarrassed to go out into public with my hair right now. I wish people would look at me and realize I haven't done anything to my hair!!

On your topic, I would call the salon manager! (It was the salon manager who did my hair!!!!):tongue_smilie:

I wanted a "wave" added to my hair to give my hair some body. Well, I got a 1980's perm on my head and now I am wondering what to do with it until it grows out!!!!

Go to the drug store and by the conditioning treatment that you leave in for at least 1/2 hour. It comes in a jar, not a bottle. Leave it in for a longer time. I think I left it in for 2 hours. It will take the perm out.

That worked for me when I had my hair dyed red and a wave put in it. I looked like Ronald McDonald; it was just hideous. When I came home, DH couldn't stop laughing. He thought I was playing a practical joke on him. To get to our apartment, I had to walk through the lobby of our building, and the desk clerk and other people were there, and they all stared at me. I was mortified! The only good thing that happened was that the elevator was empty all the way up to the 14th floor.

Edited by RoughCollie

Thank you all for your suggestions and support. I just can't believe it's gone!! I have to keep my hair staightened or it looks terrible. I think I will have to let my hair grow out and then try again. I know it doesn't seem that bad, but it is really short to me because I had really long hair. I just needed some symphany ,lol:). The place I went was actually reccommended to me by my friend because her hair looked amazing, the way I wanted it, but it did not turn out the way I wanted it. I am just glad I didn't try to dye my hair, that might have been a disaster.

Thank you all for your help and advice, and for the vitamin suggestion too. What type of layer should I get the next time I cut my hair? I like long layers but I would like them to be noticeable at least, but I don't want my hair thinnned out.

Any suggestions?