Menu

Are stores open on New Years?

Yes to grocery stores. Yes to Barnes and Noble as well as Borders. I have received emails from both encouraging me to come to their sales. :-)

Cabelas is also open as is it is DSS's last day of work (seasonal employment) today. :-(

Edited by m0mmaBuck
typo

:hurray:

Sorry, I am old enough to remember the good old days when there were days when stores and gas stations were closed. People perpared in advance and spent more time relaxing with family.

Me too. I did my shopping, filled the car, was all ready to spend the day at home with DH and DD.

The DH offered brunch out at a restaurant. I said "they're closed." He said "call and see". Everyone was open. And the mall we drove past had a packed parking lot. Even the tire store is open.

So much for a day with the family. He's off fixing a car tire, DD wants Wonder Pets, and I'm here with y'all.

Off to do laundry...

Do you just wake up in the mornings feeling industrious?

No, I wake up in the mornings feeling achy and tired. But I am well compared to the last two months. Got to make hay while the sun shines!

Just to satisfy all of you who wanted me to relax - we got to B & N and no farther. We spent 2 hours browsing in there! Very relaxing. I did, however, get some books that we needed for school so I still get to cross something off of my list.;)