Menu

"Events" of 2010 in YOUR life?

2010 on the bright side:

-ds concluded chemotherapy, remains in remission, and is doing better each day

2010 on the down side:

Originally Posted by Dayle in Guatemala

All I know is, I can't go through in 2011 what I've had to go through in 2010. That's all I know.

-Yes, I totally agree . . . I am in the same boat . . .

Hopes for 2011:

-relief from overwhelming financial concerns

-relief/answers/improvement in all the stuff carrying over from last year

-a calm year

-better spiritual growth

(My list could be endless, even without enumerating the second item, but I will stop here . . .)

You may already have a plan, but in case you don't, I thought I'd share what I'm doing.

In 2009 I did a plan a friend of mine set up, but I can't find a copy of it. I found this one though. I like these since it's neat to read different aspects instead of plowing straight through. That's what the other plan did too, and I really enjoyed it!

So here's the link, jic:

http://www.arcamax.com/ttb-yr.html

God bless!

Brindee,

Thanks for posting this link! I really like that arrangement and think I will *go* with this.

Nothing really major happened this year, and I feel very blessed to be able to say that! :)

Oldest ds transferred to a college in the Midwest, so we haven't seen him much.

One child finished speech therapy, but another began, so I still have 3 in therapy. The one who finished speech still is getting OT and Visualizing/Verbalizing, so I have 4 in therapy.

I began teaching again after a very long maternity break, and at the end of the year decided to quit teaching. :)

I met SWB. :D

Hopes for 2011:

I figure out a way to make decent money that is compatible with homeschooling 6 children.

My aunt recovers from her recent problems and is able to go back to her assisted living place (she is 92).

I get to see my parents, sisters, aunt, oldest son, and mother-in-law.

I don't waste time on the computer.

I finish writing the romance novel I've been working on, and - dare I hope?! - write another one.

Nothing major for us either. Dh had very little work at the beginning of the year but with our faithfulness we made it through those months. He went on a 400 mile cycling trip in May that he'd never done before and hadn't really ridden for 15 years, had time to train because work was slow and he plans to do it again this year.

Roofed our house with the help from his dad and had a very good week while his parents were here, better than we expected.

Went to Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving with his family, we never go on vacation, so this was a lot of fun.

I started working part time and have been very blessed to be able to help our family and it's worked well.

Hopes for 2011-

Dh is very blessed with work right now and it looks like this winter/spring will be quite busy. We've had snow too, so he's had extra work plowing.

Just to get in better shape, start working out again, I'd done really well over the summer, but then when it got cooler didn't do as much.

Go to the dr. for a physical, something I've been putting off.

Thank you for starting this thread, Heather. As I was thinking of things to list, it occurred to me that I cannot list a bad thing without its good counterpart. God is good!

*We joined a wonderful church!

*My marriage survived (and is thriving) despite some pretty major hardships at the beginning of the year.

*My kids had some accidents, but they are okay and healthy!

*I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but I found a wonderful psychiatrist, finally found the right meds, and found out how much support I really do have!

*We had so many financial blows, but we are blessed beyond measure.

*One of my brothers left for Afghanistan in May (he's more than halfway done!!) and the other brother came home from Iraq in June!

*My beautiful niece was born.

*My photography business is taking off, and I love it!

*I reunited with some family members whom I hadn't seen in many years. That has proven to be a blessing and a burden, but we are working on it.

*I have learned a lot about perspective.

*I have made so many wonderful friends on this board. I honestly don't know if I would have been it through without so many of you. Thank you.

I am looking forward to an amazing 2011! Through the valleys and the mountains, God is good. :)

Edited by Nakia

Events of 2010:

Started grad school in Jan.

Ds and I went on our first big trip (LA) by ourselves in 14 years.

Divorce was final in April.

Became very close to 2 new friends from school, and was able to stay connected with old friends despite being in different seasons of our lives now.

Ds finally got his act together and is now doing great in community college.

Started intensive, time-consuming experiment/project in Oct. for thesis.

Hopes for 2011:

Finish intensive, time-consuming experiment/project in March.

Graduate with M.S. and start PhD program. (probably Dec)

Ds continue doing well in school.

I'm hoping for a sedate, stress-free year.

Biggest events:

Older son's college search, graduation from high school, move to college.

Younger son's anxiety problems increased since fall and trying to manage those.

Our search for new furniture for the boys's rooms that turned into a treasure hunt (we're still waiting for the furniture that's being made)....

Getting to travel in the fall after several years of not being able to go anywhere much....

Biggest hopes for the new year?

Success for my older son and husband; a return to happiness for my younger son, whose anxiety is breaking my heart; and hopefully more travel for me!

Well I think they did and I think S knows but no one is really saying, except S told me it was not suicide. Thanks for remembering this. I really am tired of going to funerals of such young men. I know this happens, but it seems to be happening so close to home these last few months.

Linda

I am so sorry, Linda. :grouphug:

Happy Events 2010:

Saved the life of a wonderful dog by rescuing him from a kill shelter.

My kids continue to mature into good people.

My cousin got married to a wonderful bride.

Originally Posted by Dayle in Guatemala

All I know is, I can't go through in 2011 what I've had to go through in 2010. That's all I know. [/Quote]

I agree 100%. 2010 had more sadness then gladness. Financial struggles, death of a beloved aunt, depression, it was an emotionally and financially difficult year.

Hopes for 2011:

Easement of the financial struggles and burdens.

Continued good health for my family.

2010: Moved. Lots of extra stress to have less stress in the long run.

No one in the family died. After a 3 year run, it was a nice break.

2011: My goal is to pass the Boards re-cert, and do all the stinking paperwork to get re-certified.

Sell the old house. When those two things are done, I will have time to really focus on what the logic stage is going to look like at our house. :)