Menu

Weight Watchers........

How is everyone doing with the new points system? I'm struggling. I fell of the wagon AFTER Thanksgiving(leftovers:tongue_smilie:). Now with the new system I'm having a hard time finding a new normal. I was just wondering if anyone else was feeling the same way.

Meli

I am BEYOND thrilled. The science behind the new Points Plus impresses me. Eating plans SHOULD take into account how our bodies process the different nutrients (fat, carbohydrates, protein, fiber). As the CEO of WW said in a recent blog post, any eating plan which would allow you to hold a cookie in one had (100 cal or so) and an apple (100 cal or so in size) in the other and see them as nearly equal needs improvement!

I got to my WW goal on the "Core" plan in 2005, but I've been struggling since Gabriel's birth. This new plan has me inspired and eating more healthfully than I have done in a long time.

I was able to fit pizza into my plan this week, too, so I don't feel that a small indulgence once in a while is going to be out of reach.

I do think that if people go nuts about eating too much zero point fruit, they will have a disappointment at the scale. It's important to be moderate in all things.

First week I lost. Last week I was PMSing and ate a lot of fruit...too much. I had a thing for dates. I learnt my lesson- didnt gain but didnt lose either. I also felt like a slug and didnt exercise. So this week I am being more moderate with the fruit, and exercising, and I should be fine.

I love the new system. I love not being so hungry.

I love love love it. I feel satisfied and I'm losing well.

I am BEYOND thrilled. The science behind the new Points Plus impresses me. Eating plans SHOULD take into account how our bodies process the different nutrients (fat, carbohydrates, protein, fiber). As the CEO of WW said in a recent blog post, any eating plan which would allow you to hold a cookie in one had (100 cal or so) and an apple (100 cal or so in size) in the other and see them as nearly equal needs improvement!

:iagree:

So far I'm loving the new plan. I've always trusted WW and found them to be one of the safest, healthiest and most realistic weight loss programs out there. They've put a lot of research into this and I think the changes are for the good and make a lot of sense. So far I'm doing very well on it- in regard to weight loss and how satisfied I feel hunger-wise- although I'm still trying to get used to it and it's taking me longer to plan my menus etc (I knew so many of the old points by heart on the old plan and i'm not there yet with the new one).

ETA you guys should come join the weight loss challenge social group! :)

ugh - just tried to post a lengthy reply and lost it :001_huh: The abbreviated version is that I am struggling with the new Pts system - trying to get used to it - but am totally excited about the new plan and can't wait to get rid of this weight once and for all!

I weigh in this evening, so I'll know how things are going. I have enjoyed the week and haven't been hungry. I don't think I went overboard on fruit and I used about half of my weekly allowance, but I just have no idea how tonight will go.

I needed something new to get excited about and wanted to be eating more healthy foods, and this has definitely pushed me in the right direction.

I think WW was fighting the "calories in minus calories out, doesn't matter which diet you use to do it" realization. They need to brand themselves as having something that is different and special enough for people to need them as opposed to any other plan. It's smart marketing.

I've been following it since last Monday, and I think I've gained. I feel like I'm eating a lot more food. I already ate a lot of whole foods, produce, lean meats, high fiber, etc. My points allowance went up, but most of the foods I eat stayed the same or became free. It's been fun, because I was able to eat what I wanted when out to dinner with dh, splurge on a snack with friends, etc., but I'm afraid I will pay the price. I said I would give it a try, though, so I did.

The good news is that I can always go back to the old plan if I need to. :001_smile:

I really love the new plan but a few of the new point values are throwing me. Vitatops were my favorite 1pt snack, and now they are 2 -3 pts each.:glare: I have been eating more veggies and fruit though. I stayed level the first week on the new plan, but we went to a smorgasbord in PA this weekend and I ate whatever I wanted.:D

I'm happy with it. I was eating a lot of those 100 calorie snacks that were mostly cookies, crackers, etc, but now am eating more apples and oranges instead. I'm feeling full longer. I can't gauge well with my weight over the past week due to PMS issues, but will weigh in later this week and see if I'm losing still.

How much is it to join weekly/monthly or with a pass? Which is the best/cheapest way? Does that get you on line access too?

I am actually sitting down with our budget right now to see if we can swing WW for me. Dh just got a full family YMCA membership so that is about $70/month but he has Type 2 diabetes and he is now working out for 45-60 minutes 4 days a week there---very good with Michigan winters.

I would like to loose 25 pounds but could stand to loose 50 or even 60 to get down to what I weighed when we got married but honestly, 25-30 would make me happy.

How much is it to join weekly/monthly or with a pass? Which is the best/cheapest way? Does that get you on line access too?

I am actually sitting down with our budget right now to see if we can swing WW for me. Dh just got a full family YMCA membership so that is about $70/month but he has Type 2 diabetes and he is now working out for 45-60 minutes 4 days a week there---very good with Michigan winters.

I would like to loose 25 pounds but could stand to loose 50 or even 60 to get down to what I weighed when we got married but honestly, 25-30 would make me happy.

Here, to join Meetings, you pay either: $40.00 the first week (which includes a registration fee and the meeting fee), and then $14.00 a week threeafter.

OR you pay $55.00 for a "commitment plan" which gives you five weeks worth of meetings at $11.00 each with no "registration fee."

Or you can wait til around New Year's when they will likely have a "no registration fee special" and then you'd just pay the $14.00 per week (or the $55.00 commitment plan, which you can purchase at any time).

These fees do not include "online"- the message boards are always free, but if you're talking about etools, that's a separate fee. You can get the price info on the WW website (where you can also find meetings in your area).

Or...you can do what I do which is to just go once to get the new plan info and material (more cost-effective around New Year's when there's no registration fee) and then follow the plan at home but use TOPS for your weight loss support/accountability/weigh ins, since TOPS is MUCH cheaper than Weight Watchers- but TOPS is more of a support group than a diet plan. Hence using WW for the diet and TOPS for the support.

Most places there is a "monthly membership" which renews automatically via your credit card. Here it is free registration for that, and it's $40 a month, so a better deal than the ones listed previously. That includes the etools free, so it's quite a bargain. LOVE my etools. It includes a free IPhone app.