Menu

I'm looking for zany-but-sweet Christmas movies, suitable for older kids/teens.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Home Alone--something that will have you giggling one minute and sighing "Awww!" the next. Maybe that's a cross between "feel-good" and slapstick? Live action would be preferable to animated, but if there's a really good animated one, I'm listening.

Edited by ereks mom

If you don't laugh at Elf then you are a Grinch and a Scrooge.

I love the Grinch, and I love all versions of Scrooge, but I can't stand Elf. I didn't laugh at all. Sorry. I put it in the same category as the Three Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, and Sponge Bob. I can't stand watching any of them. I like my funny to also be smart.

I love the Grinch, and I love all versions of Scrooge, but I can't stand Elf. I didn't laugh at all. Sorry. I put it in the same category as the Three Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, and Sponge Bob. I can't stand watching any of them. I like my funny to also be smart.

I'm with you....I haven't been able to find the funny in Elf. But I'm NOT a Will Ferrell fan..and this is typical Ferrell to me. I can't get past him to enjoy the movie.

I'm with you....I haven't been able to find the funny in Elf. But I'm NOT a Will Ferrell fan..and this is typical Ferrell to me. I can't get past him to enjoy the movie.

I also love the Grinch, but I much prefer the old animated one. I'm not a Jim Carrey fan at.all. I put him in the category of The Three Stooges and Laurel & Hardy. But I like Sponge Bob--in small doses only, however. I also like my funny to be smart. I ordinarily don't like Will Ferrell for the same reason that I don't like Jim Carrey. But I LOVED Elf. For one thing, I've always loved Bob Newhart. And my favorite part of the entire movie is when Jovi and Buddy sing "Baby, It's Cold Outside". I could listen to that all day!