Menu

Alternative to glue sticks?

I have just started a timeline book with ds, age 8 (in two days!). He does not like using glue sticks--at all. I know I could get timeline stickers or make my own, but I don't have the extra $$ for that right now. I have some figures already and am printing some off the internet. I'm just wondering if there are other options than glue sticks for sticking them in?

TIA.

Glue dots? We use them a lot because they're so much easier and less messy.

Do glue dots attach paper to paper without leaving bumps? I'm trying to find something to paste taper of printer paper heft to card stock. The glue sticks don't stick! Once dry, the paper comes up. I tried elmer's clear today, and the moisture came through the cardstock and you can see the pattern on the backside. This is the first project we have "cared" about.

If you use doublesided tape, how do you attach little things?

(The is The Elements book from RSO Chem, BTW).

Do glue dots attach paper to paper without leaving bumps? I'm trying to find something to paste taper of printer paper heft to card stock. The glue sticks don't stick! Once dry, the paper comes up. I tried elmer's clear today, and the moisture came through the cardstock and you can see the pattern on the backside. This is the first project we have "cared" about.

If you use doublesided tape, how do you attach little things?

(The is The Elements book from RSO Chem, BTW).

I haven't noticed a problem with bumps showing. The girls use them a lot and most of the time its paper things. The thing they have a problem with is trying to use the dots on pipe cleaners or other fuzzy things ~ the glue dots just won't work on those.

I haven't noticed a problem with bumps showing. The girls use them a lot and most of the time its paper things. The thing they have a problem with is trying to use the dots on pipe cleaners or other fuzzy things ~ the glue dots just won't work on those.

thanks. I've never heard of these, and just checked Amazon. There are, of course MANY kinds. What kind do you use for paper projects?

I have just started a timeline book with ds, age 8 (in two days!). He does not like using glue sticks--at all. I know I could get timeline stickers or make my own, but I don't have the extra $$ for that right now. I have some figures already and am printing some off the internet. I'm just wondering if there are other options than glue sticks for sticking them in?

TIA.

Glue dots and adhesive rollers here. We buy ours at Walmart and they always work fine. I like the double sided tape but my dd has trouble with the paper for some reason.

Funny, but I have always wondered about teachers and a room full of children with glue sticks. They seem to always be on the back to school lists. When we try to do a project with four dcs, not one time have the glue sticks all worked. They are either dried up or come out and drop on the table. Then we have this huge gooey mess. I think having a room of 25 glue sticks and children would be enough for me to stick with teaching math or any subject without glue;)

Ds (11) became much more enthusiastic about doing arts-and-crafts-type projects once I brought out my bucket of various scrapbooking adhesives (Tombow glue, glue dots, double-stick tape, roller adhesives, pop dots, etc.).

I figured, I wouldn't want to use Elmer's glue and Scotch tape on my projects; why would I make him use those on his? I have to walk away when he's using them (because it hurts me to share and I want to micromanage how he uses them), but it makes him happy.