Menu

tonight was a bad night...

My son and I are desperately trying to survive his growing up. I've been trying to be more consistent and things were improving. Not great, but much better. This past week though my sister had a baby and there were complications that led to everyone being stressed out. Also my son seemed a bit jealous of the attention the new baby was getting, considering he was already dealing with having to share the attention with his new sister for the first time in 10 years. Anyway, he's been pushing my buttons again. And even more so with my husband, his step father. And my dh, god love him, keeps falling into it. I spend all evening trying to keep them from bickering with each other. Otherwise I will lose my mind. And now my husband has the week off so they are doing it during the day too. Today was the worst. by the evening it degraded and he was rude and disobedient, my husband was hurtful, and Michael started kicking things including a flimsy plexiglass door panel. I lost my temper at that point and grabbed him hard and shoved him away from the door. Things devolved further although I controlled my temper better. he went to bed hungry after he refused to eat his dinner that went cold during his temper tantrum. I put a call into a therapist office this afternoon but she hasn't called me back. I love this kid so much. I hate this. After I got the baby to bed I went in and cuddled with him while he slept. I am now just exhausted.

My son and I are desperately trying to survive his growing up. I've been trying to be more consistent and things were improving. Not great, but much better. This past week though my sister had a baby and there were complications that led to everyone being stressed out. Also my son seemed a bit jealous of the attention the new baby was getting, considering he was already dealing with having to share the attention with his new sister for the first time in 10 years. Anyway, he's been pushing my buttons again. And even more so with my husband, his step father. And my dh, god love him, keeps falling into it. I spend all evening trying to keep them from bickering with each other. Otherwise I will lose my mind. And now my husband has the week off so they are doing it during the day too. Today was the worst. by the evening it degraded and he was rude and disobedient, my husband was hurtful, and Michael started kicking things including a flimsy plexiglass door panel. I lost my temper at that point and grabbed him hard and shoved him away from the door. Things devolved further although I controlled my temper better. he went to bed hungry after he refused to eat his dinner that went cold during his temper tantrum. I put a call into a therapist office this afternoon but she hasn't called me back. I love this kid so much. I hate this. After I got the baby to bed I went in and cuddled with him while he slept. I am now just exhausted.

You are not alone in these types of struggles. :grouphug: