Menu

I am about to lost my mins

We can't find a home for your dog. We have to get rid of this poor thing because my husband is allergic to his fur, he's a beagle.

He is such a good dog, seriously. He has to live in the garage, where he has free run of the backyard, but he can't come into the house. He will run up to the door french door and just sit there. Looking at us so forlornly. I can't take it.

I have placed three ads and I have had 15 people interested. They a) don't show up, b) don't return my call or c) change their minds!

ANyone want a dog? I will bring him to you. Somebody please help!

If I had a fenced yard I'd take him. I live in WA, don't remember where you live. Don't beagles wander and have to have a fence?

Thank-you. He isn't a dog that's prone to wandering. He knows his boundaries and sticks to them. Our backyard is fenced but he is frequently in the front yard and he just chills on the front porch.

He is nine months old. He is completely housebroken and has been since he was 7 weeks old. He really got the whole "dogs do their business outside."

He's not a howler. He has never howled at all. I would have made a hat out of him long ago if he was.;) He is great with kids and really loves people. My four year old thinks that he is his personal play thing and Trooper has never, ever shown aggression or anything like it.

You can e-mail me if you are really interested. gardnerfam4@hotmail.com

post-874-13535082573136_thumb.jpg

post-874-13535082573136_thumb.jpg

Of course, my husband would kill me, given that we have three dogs. On the other hand my kids would love me, because they want a basset (cousin to the beagle). We've had three hound dogs before and love, love, love them. Their noses do, however, get them in trouble some time.

Good luck finding a home.

If I had a fenced yard I'd take him. I live in WA, don't remember where you live. Don't beagles wander and have to have a fence?

In my experiance there are good beagles (3/4 of them) and bad beagles (the rest). My sister wondered what she'd done in her past life to deserve her beagle. No matter where you took it, it found a way of causing trouble. Walk in the country? It beelined for the nearest garden patch and ripped it up seeking the earthworms (to eat) upsetting owners and becoming a mudball. Walk in a pasture? Would gorge herself on cow-plop and vomit in the car. Moving overseas? Wake from the sedative in a quonset hut and howl until the walls rattle and your owner is paged angrily overhead. In heat? Crawl onto the roof trying to escape and break a leg in the fall (twice). Yard being remodeled? EAT WET CEMENT, waddle thirstily to the pool, lean in to drink, FALL in and try to drown, making the nearest human in expensive clothes have to dive in and pull you off the bottom. Having puppies by an expensive stud? Deliver secretly, suddenly, and silently and eat the pups. Your traveling owners finally give up and put you in a luxury retirement home you LOVE? Live to be 18 and a half.

If Elaine has GOOD beagle, you will have fun and joy in your life. Go for it.

Well, we like our dog just fine.

Really though, how does he do with other dogs? Is he a only dog kind of guy?

Doh!

He is really good with other dogs Our neighbors have two yellow labs and they play together all the time. He is a very mild mannered dog and does well with other animals as well as adults and children.

Before we discovered that it was the dog my husband is allergic to, we considered getting another dog so Trooper would have a playmate.

Getting rid of this dog is breaking my heart. I am so not a dog person, but Trooper has completely broken me of that. I am faced with Sophie's Choice. Get rid of the dog or get rid of the husband. ;)

He's adorable, but we're too far away.

Is there a beagle rescue in your area? Have you talked to your vet? Maybe they'd let you put up a little notice in their waiting room?

I hope you find a wonderful home for Trooper!

I second beagle rescue if you don't find a boardie who can take Trooper. Breed rescues will evaluate potential homes and try to match dogs up with suitable families.

Good luck! :001_smile:

Elaine, I already looked at Beagle rescue for you and their website says that they are not taking any dogs currently in homes because their are so many beagles in shelters.

If you get really desperate, I would consider trying to find a "no kill" shelter, and I believe that Camp Lejeune's dog shelter is one - you might call up there and see.

Elaine, I already looked at Beagle rescue for you and their website says that they are not taking any dogs currently in homes because their are so many beagles in shelters.

If you get really desperate, I would consider trying to find a "no kill" shelter, and I believe that Camp Lejeune's dog shelter is one - you might call up there and see.

Thank-you so much for doing that legwork, I appreciate your help.:001_smile:

Heather has graciously agreed to take our sweet Trooper. While I am sad that he is going, I am happy that he will be in a loving and happy home.

Thank-you so much for doing that legwork, I appreciate your help.:001_smile:

Heather has graciously agreed to take our sweet Trooper. While I am sad that he is going, I am happy that he will be in a loving and happy home.

That is SOOO cool!! Another reason I love this board!!

I've been thinking about Trooper all evening and hoping that he'd find another homeschooling family. I hope that this will make it at least a little bit easier on you and your family.

I've been thinking about Trooper all evening and hoping that he'd find another homeschooling family. I hope that this will make it at least a little bit easier on you and your family.

Thank-you, Laurie.:001_smile: I appreciate the sentiment!