Menu

Anyone Seen the BBC's Horrible Histories?

Here's one skit that made me laugh particularly hard, but I've been watching them on Youtube (DD watched some, too, but she's not as into history as I am).

I need to find out if the show is on BBC America, or the DVDs are available or something...

Well, I went to youtube and played a few of these for my kids. We loved them, and look forward to more. However, I stepped away from the computer to change the baby and put him to bed. I came back to find my kids about to click on a clip from the Tudors series! Yikes! They love stuff about Henry VIII, but that would have surely been an eye-opener! woops!

Here's one skit that made me laugh particularly hard, but I've been watching them on Youtube (DD watched some, too, but she's not as into history as I am).

I need to find out if the show is on BBC America, or the DVDs are available or something...

You can get them at Amazon UK. We bought them a few months ago and I like them more than I thought I would. We collect the books, so this was the next thing. You'd need a dvd player that can play Region 2 discs.

We love them. There a *really* horrible one...where a 'sports' announcer' interviews Christians fighting lions in the collosieum. It's pretty funny.

We like Henry & Elizabeth singing about themselves:

We kill with methods foul

Tudor!

Each enemy a Judas

At least we're not as rude as

Simon Cowell.

Edited by LibraryLover

Yes, and we LOVE them here! My kids look them up on YouTube whenever they get an itch. We've learned about a couple of people that we had never heard of (the wife of a British Celt that led a revolt against the Romans, for example).