Menu

WOW! Just ordered The Elements from Ellen McHenry...

I ordered this on Friday and it just arrive in my mail box at 10:55 on Monday morning!

My boys are LOVING this curriculum.

http://www.ellenjmchenry.com/id25.html

AND... she was out of the cheaper version which I ordered and sent me the better version for no charge.

Ellen, if you are out there... I love you!

Edited by Old Dominion Heather

My dd is doing it 3x week. The days range from 20-40 minutes. Once in awhile there are too many good activities in a week and I just can't narrow it down enough and we add a fourth day (about 30 min). This dd hates geography and thinks this is the best program ever. It is her favorite part of the day most of the time - amazing!!

• 2 years later...

We did The Elements and Carbon Chemistry last year. It was such a HUGE hit (for a hard-to-fit kid) that this year we are doing Cells and The Brain. She needs to hurry and come out with more, or I'll have some big decisions to make for science next year. Truly love her style--so fun and kid-friendly yet doesn't sacrifice one bit of depth.

I worked through most of The Elements with my eldest last spring. It was the highlight of his year. The humor was right up his alley. He still talks about the Atomic Chef. Plus he truly learned quite a bit. The story of Mendelev and the creation of the periodic table intrigued him into looking at scientific biographies and planted a little spark of inspiration into his mind about how scientists think and work. I coukdn't have been more pleased with it.