Menu

DEAL: 80% off at Restaurants.com (get a $25 gift certificate for $2)

If you're not familiar with Restaurant.com, with them you purchase savings certificates at a big discount for local (to you) restaurants. For example, I just purchased a $25.00 gift certificate for an upscale local restaurant for $2.00! The regular price for this certificate is $10.00, which is still a great deal, but with the promo code of PLATE during checkout, you get 80% off. The promo. code ends tomorrow (7/31). I have successfully used these gift certificates before.

You can do a zip code search for restaurants in your area that participate. Also, make sure to check out the fine print. With the certificate I purchased, the minimum bill total (minus alcohol) has to be $35. So, for $12 ($2.00 for the certificate, and $10 to get our bill up to $35 from the $25 that the certificate is worth), dh and I will have a nice birthday dinner tonight. I believe the certificates are good for a year, but you'd have to verify that.

ETA: LINK FIXED!

ETA DOS: Make sure to tip according to the FULL PRICE of your order, not according to the price after discounts. It's not really fair to the server for them to lose a big chunk of change just because we found a good deal on the food cost.

Edited by milovaný

We had a great dinner -- and got an even greater deal IN the restaurant. This is an upscale-ish restaurant/lounge and we hit Happy Hour during which appetizers are apparently half price! So we got four different appetizers and shared a main dish (normally $50) for $15. A nice birthday dinner was had by all.

That's awesome!!! Thank you so much.

I have looked at their site before, but they've added a lot of restaurants in my area since the last time I checked. We're going to be eating a lot of yummy food, Persian, Indian, Thai, Peruvian, Japanese and 'Latin Mix'.

Yum. :tongue_smilie:

I just noticed that the "extras" you can buy when you've added something to your card (they're at the bottom: Mrs. Fields, BocaJava, etc.) *also* are included in the 80% off sale -- but read the minimums!

I guess I have to go and look..the last time I looked at this site, I wasn't too interested in any of the restaurants...and none of them were in my area anyway....we live in too rural of an area..but we are going on vacation next week. If I ordered something...would I get it right away...or not...thanks.

a friend told me about it. She buys the certificates when they go on sale. We used one a month ago for a ladies night out. It gave $35 off the meal. I think we had to spend $40 or maybe $50, but with a large group it was easy.

She raved about it. I will see if I get time today to do this. :001_smile:

Thanks for the heads up.

Hello. So, do you have to print out all the purchased gift certificates at once (or else it disappears), or does your restaurant.com account save them in memory?

You'll get an email with a link (in addition to the option of printing right away), so you CAN print later.

If I ordered something...would I get it right away...or not...thanks.

They used to send them in the mail, but now I think it's all electronic. I ordered, printed and used ours all during the day yesterday.

I was sitting here looking at the restaurants in our area again -- one of them has a $100 GC that's usually $40, so with the sale it's just $8. $8 to take our family out for a yummy meal -- seriously, I sometimes spend more than that to make a simple meal at home. We're buying the limit of four.

ETA - Nope, when I went to check out it showed the minimum bill price as $200 (it had been showing $35 on the main page, but that was for the $25 one).

Edited by milovaný