Menu

Prayer request for Ryan

This just came through a local homeschool email loop. Ryan is a little boy (about 9yo) in our Classical Conversations group and a good friend of one of my sons. He is such a cutie pie.

Please be in prayer for Amy & Jeff… today (Tuesday) around lunch their youngest son, Ryan, was climbing a tree and grabbed hold of a power line. He was knocked out of the tree (about 12 feet) and severely burned from the electricity. He is being transferred to a burn unit in Winston-Salem. The full extent of his injuries has yet to be determined. Please pray for Ryan’s recovery and for this dear family to be lifted up-
Edited by Oak Knoll Mom
changing title

A friend talked to Ryan's mom earlier today and had a little more info than was in the original message. She said, "Ryan was both conscious and speaking, as well as complaining that his back and toes were hurting. He has a wound on his ankle or heel (I'm not sure) where the electricity exited."

Thank you all for your prayers!

A friend talked to Ryan's mom earlier today and had a little more info than was in the original message. She said, "Ryan was both conscious and speaking, as well as complaining that his back and toes were hurting. He has a wound on his ankle or heel (I'm not sure) where the electricity exited."

Thank you all for your prayers!

Thank you for updating. I'm glad he sounds like he will make a great recovery! How scary.

Great update!

AWESOME RYAN UPDATE-Report is GOOD! Internals seem fine. Soreness in ankle and arm but minor. Monitoring muscle debris, but levels are going down.Possibly going home this afternoon!! Skin graph around ankle in future is possible. OVERALL HE IS DOING WELL! PRAISE GOD!!

His mom posted some pictures on facebook and Ryan is all smiles and eating a Subway sandwich. The entry point was the inside base of his right index finger--it looks like a large blister. The exit wound is the inside of the left ankle.

Great update!

His mom posted some pictures on facebook and Ryan is all smiles and eating a Subway sandwich. The entry point was the inside base of his right index finger--it looks like a large blister. The exit wound is the inside of the left ankle.

Wow! What an answer to prayer :001_smile:.

How old is he?

From Ryan's mom:

Thank you so much for your prayers. God is amazing. I am sure it is because half of NC was praying for Ryan that he is doing so well this morning. The blood work has been coming back well. The main concern has been internal damage. There is some muscle damage and from that there can be/or is debris that needs to get through the body. There is some concern that it will build up in the kidneys. We are waiting today to see if the enzyme levels come down. If the levels come down and his kidneys are functioning well then we can possibly go home tonight. Ryan has a hole in his finger and a rather large, (2 inch in diameter), exit wound in his ankle. He may have to come back for some skin graphing on his ankle in a few weeks.

It is amazing to look at him. You would never know he got hurt. A few minutes ago he said he wanted to go play basketball. He is resting and enjoying the TV time.

Thanks again for your prayers. I am sure God's hand has been on him.