Menu

Our homeschool room...

I love when people post pics of homeschool rooms so here is ours. Its not pretty with wood paneling but we like it so far.

This used to be our "playroom" so the first thing I did was convert the closet into a toy area.

0612002040-1.jpg

Here are some pics around the room..

0626000935-1.jpg

0628000914.jpg

0628000913.jpg

Share yours if you havent!

Edited by MamaMamaMama!!

I love it! I love seeing all of your kiddos in there with great space to work and play. Even the toddlers have a great place to color!

I cannot wait to get my school room organized! We are going to start schooling in August. I better get on the ball and get it together, huh!

Great job!

Christina

I love that vintage kitchen table! Love, love those! I like those red storage boxes. I'd be more apt to put those out and put the file cabinet in the closet....purely for cosmetics... but then I'm anal that way. :lol: I wish I had a door in my room too. Fresh air.

I love that vintage kitchen table! Love, love those! I like those red storage boxes. I'd be more apt to put those out and put the file cabinet in the closet....purely for cosmetics... but then I'm anal that way. :lol: I wish I had a door in my room too. Fresh air.

I need to move the filing cabnet and the bookshelf around for that reason. OR move the filing cabnet near the TV area.. so that its bookshelf and cubby in the corner.. It needs some tweaking.. That closet will have a curtain on it eventually that is lighter colored to add some color to the room. And I need curtains or a valance or something.

I guess I could take a picture of my kitchen counter and dining room table, or the couch where they hang upside down while I read, but that would be pretty boring. I love that you have your own school room if nothing else just for storage. But I am not giving up my office to make a school room.....at least not yet. I do have an amazing shelving system with some open shelves and others that are closed that I couldn't live without though.

Do you know you can paint wood paneling? Google on how to do it properly. I think your room would look cute with some lime/apple green. Maybe two colors, green and yellow. :)

I would LOVE to paint that awful paneling..but its not my house. Its a parsonage (belongs to the church) so I cant. Im settling for posters and curtains. :D

But lime green and yellow.. How fun! I would love to have a soft yellow room. :)

What kind of church requires their pastor to live in an ugly house??? Brown paneling is out by EVERYBODY's standards. I'd do some polite chatting with the committees, taking some nice printed pictures before and after of what it would look like, done right. And if there's a painter or contractor in the church, suggest they could volunteer him. :)

BTW, I had paneling out our old house, btdt, and it's SO much lovelier when painted out. It just seems they ought to be able to bend on that, mercy. They can even get the proper liner paper to apply first and hang wallpaper. Or you caulk the lines, sand, and have perfectly smooth walls to paint. You're talking about an upgrade, not so much personalization. If it were painting pink and personalizing with flowers, I could see the concern. But to upgrade, that THEY ought to spring for willingly. They should feel GUILTY keeping you from painting and improving these walls. :)

Oh, and we're contractors who take care of a parsonage. :)

That's great! I'd be so excited to have a schoolroom (paneling or not)...

If you really did want to paint...I bet they would at least let you paint it white. It would increase the value of the house. Just don't forget the primer. My attic bedroom is painted over plywood (white) with a blue ceiling. It has a cape cod wainscot look...

I love your room, but I agree with OElizabeth -have you asked about painting? Paint is the most inexpensive way to update/upgrade a home. We live in a parsinage of sorts- at a christian camp. Everything was dark paneling when we came and they were more than happy to update with light colored paint. It has definately added to the value of "their" home. All you need is some kilz and paint.

Missy

You are so lucky to have a schoolroom! Thanks for posting the pictures. We have to use our dining room, and that's hard since it's right smack in the middle of the house (can basically see from most of the house).

You are so lucky to have a schoolroom! Thanks for posting the pictures. We have to use our dining room, and that's hard since it's right smack in the middle of the house (can basically see from most of the house).

I agree you are very lucky and I am so jealous. We are also kitchen homeschoolers and I think your room is perfect.

Guest aquiverfull
I agree you are very lucky and I am so jealous. We are also kitchen homeschoolers and I think your room is perfect.

:iagree: You're room looks lovely! :)

If you do end up painting, there are low vocs paints (low odor), just in case that's a concern to you with the baby and whatnot. We used Sherwinn Williams paints in our house that not only are low-vocs but then wash with a damp rag to remove crayon, hand prints, etc.! :)